|Job Type:||Full Time|
Microsoft’s Cloud Operations & Innovation (CO+I) is the engine that powers our cloud services. As a CO+I Senior Datacenter IT Support Technician, you will perform a key role in delivering the core infrastructure and foundational technologies for Microsoft's online services including Bing, Office 365, Xbox, OneDrive, and the Microsoft Azure platform.
Our infrastructure is comprised of a large global portfolio of more than 100 datacenters and 1 million servers. Our foundation is built upon and managed by a team of subject matter experts working to support services for more than 1 billion customers and 20 million businesses in over 90 countries worldwide.
With environmental sustainability and optimization at the forefront of our datacenter design and operations, we continue to grow and evolve as we meet the ever-changing business demands that hold Microsoft as a world-class cloud provider.
Be at the forefront of the action in CO+Ias part of our global datacenter operations team!
As a successful Senior Datacenter IT Support Technician, your performance objectives include:
- Empowering a culture of safety, security, and compliance in all aspects of datacenter activities
- Building strong working relationships with people working within the datacenter and at corporate.
- Providing IT support for the entire datacenter for secure access workstations (SAWs) laptops, non-secure laptops, servers, and conference room A/V.
- Ensuring SAW devices are in a “healthy” state, meeting Security’s compliance standard.
- Receiving confidential information to perform BIOS setting changes.
- Managing SAW inventory, including ordering, receiving, assigning/re-assigning, and decommissioning device.
- Maintaining an inventory of spare devices for the site and ensuring the latest OS version is installed.
- Researching sites and conversation channels to learn about current issues and recommended fixes.
- Providing guidance to users for common SAW repair issues.
- Raising and escalating SAW issues experienced by users.
- Performing Return Merchandise Authorization (RMA) for SAWs damaged within the first 30 days of receipt.
- Understanding overall ticket management process.
- Providing Senior Datacenter Technician-level support when needed. Responsibilities include performing power cycles, swap out failed components, handle storage media, and perform troubleshooting when needed. Also, performing cable installations, hardware rack / stack installations, testing, and troubleshooting using standard datacenter processes.
- Supporting the deployment of on-site DC physical infrastructure including Servers, NetDevices, SANs, Windows Server OS Support, Parts/Component replacement and physical hardware troubleshooting when needed.
- Assisting Datacenter Inventory and Asset Management Team with shipping/receiving and inventory management to address high work volumes as required.
- Learning, living, and coaching the One Microsoft culture and values. Leading through change by bringing clarity, generating energy, and delivering success.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- At least two years of experience supporting IT equipment or related technology
- Ability to support frequent standing, walking, lifting, and working at heights
- Technical College degree in Computer Science, Math, Telecommunications, or equivalent work experience
- Applicable certifications: CompTIA, Microsoft, Network Certifications
- Experience operating heavy-load movement equipment (pallet jacks, chassis lifts, etc.)
- Perform and execute organization’s safety programs and policies, and compliance knowledge
- Flexibility to work non-business hours (shifts) that may include weekends and/or holidays
- Valid license to drive standard street-legal automatic transmission vehicles within your DC’s local jurisdiction
Background Check Requirements:
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings:
- Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.