|Location:||New York, New York|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
Client Partner Lead
PromoteIQ provides intelligent vendor marketing solutions for the next generation of e-commerce. Our platform helps retailers implement, automate, and scale their brand-funded digital vendor marketing programs. We sit at the intersection of marketing and e-commerce and have a singular mission of empowering retailers and brands to maximize their e-commerce performance.
PromoteIQ embodies a strong startup culture that values diversity, collaboration and craftsmanship - and above all else, results. Our bias towards execution balances critical thinking, root analysis and pragmatic problem solving. We expect a lot from one another and value our thoughtful and intellectually curious company culture.
PromoteIQ is headquartered in New York City and supports a global footprint of e-commerce retailers and brands. The company was acquired by Microsoft in Aug, 2019 and continues to operate as an independent division within Microsoft Advertising. Learn more at https://www.promoteiq.com. This role is based in our NYC/SoHo office.
Microsoft Advertising is a worldwide Sales, Marketing and Services organization on the cutting edge of the digital advertising industry. Microsoft Advertising offers a compelling portfolio of advertising products, innovative solutions and the opportunity to engage with some of the brightest minds in the digital industry. Microsoft Advertising is the destination for experienced, collaborative, and passionate digital advertising professionals seeking a rewarding career and lifestyle.
Who We’re Looking For
The Demand Generation team is focused on developing and managing partnerships with key decision makers at retailers to develop and execute on go-to-market strategies for their media programs, and at brands and agencies to unlock marketing budgets. As a Client Partner Lead, you'll lead the strategy and execution for one or more of our key retailer accounts - developing demand sales plans and executing to ensure revenue and success.
You’ll play a leadership role with our two distinct sets of clients – 1. Retail partners - influence and implement supply side strategy, ways of working, and own overall revenue for the program. 2. Advertisers, specifically brands and agencies – educating them on the PromoteIQ value proposition, sell them on a range of on-site advertising solutions, train them on leveraging the technology to achieve optimal business outcomes, and consult on their short and long term media strategy. You will also use your executive prospecting, networking, and account expansion skills to identify, develop and manage new brand and agency accounts that complement existing client rosters to help you reach your personal and team revenue targets.
As a Client Partner Lead, you may also manage the work of a team of Client Partners to execute sales and marketing strategy and vision. This role is crucial to growing and scaling the revenues for our retail clients, and the company.
- Deeply understand PromoteIQ's value proposition and technology solutions to effectively articulate benefits at all levels within retailer and buy side organizations; Serve as an industry expert in digital advertising, the PromoteIQ platform, as well as other competitive on-site vendor marketing programs
- Partner with PromoteIQ retailer clients to achieve revenue goals; Own the relationship and ultimate success for your retailers; Develop trusted advisor relationships with key stakeholders and executive sponsors - understanding their needs and aligning and reporting on metrics of demand side success.
- Build sales strategies and plans with brands and agencies, and own the execution of sales plans to achieve revenue targets; If applicable, you may direct the work of a team (if applicable) of Client Partners to achieve goals
- Cultivate relationships with brands and agencies to execute on sales plans; Build relationships with decision makers and budget owners to expand budgets and commitments
- Lead conversations with internal teams (account, product, etc.) to ensure customer feedback is shared and leveraged to drive product development and operational alignment
- Provide ongoing client management to retailers and their advertisers, including quarterly business reviews, budget forecasting, and recommendations to optimize current budgets and programs to increase investment
- Report on pipeline and develop forecasts for both internal and external stakeholders
- Assist with ongoing sales training and coaching of internal and external team members
- Collaborate with cross functional teams – product, technical services, account - to develop new media solutions and launch go to market strategies.
- 7+ years' experience selling solutions (at least 3+ years in digital media / advertising) with demonstrated ability to consistently close deals and hit revenue targets
- 2+ years' experience leading sales initiatives directly or indirectly
- Demonstrated ability to work consultatively with executive leadership teams
- Strong program management skills
- Strong quantitative aptitude and the ability to communicate complex concepts in simple terms
- Strong strategic planning, project management, communication and executional skills
- Deep understanding of agency and brand organizational structures
- Excellent communication, persuasion, and storytelling skills, with strong attention to detail and follow-through
- Self starter – ability to take the initiative and uncover new revenue opportunities and problem solve any challenges that arise
- Experience with salesforce.com or other CRM tools for effective pipeline management
- Established relationships with budget holders and decision makers at agencies and brands
- Experience working in digital media, eCommerce, or Adtech
- Leadership experience managing, training, and scaling a sales team
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.