Discover. A brighter future.
With Discover, you’ll have the chance to make a difference at one of the world’s leading digital banking and payments companies. From Day 1, you’ll do meaningful work you’re passionate about, with the support and resources you need for success. We value what makes each employee unique and provide a collaborative, team-based culture that gives everyone an opportunity to shine. Be the reason millions of people find a brighter financial future, while building the future you want, here at Discover.
The Director of Enterprise Workforce Management (WFM) is responsible for driving the efficient and effective management of over 8500+ customer facing employees, ensuring they are in the right place, at the right time —24 hours a day, 365 days a year. This highly visible role provides strategic and tactical ownership of two critical functions; WFM Forecasting and WFM Operations, leading the end to end processes for modeling, advanced analytics, frontline agent capacity planning, scheduling and staffing.
As the primary business partner for stakeholders across Card and Consumer Banking, the Director of Enterprise WFM is actively engaged in individual business unit operating budgets with influence and accountability for over $500M in operating expense through the delivery of accurate forecast performance, efficient operating plans and overall agent-customer readiness.
The Workforce Management Center of Excellence is comprised of four core functions; Forecasting, Operations, Service Level Management and Data & Systems. With expertise in data science, analytics and operational execution, the WFM team supports all lines of business in Card and Consumer Banking and sits across six US locations and Shanghai.
- Direct, develop, and drive strategic objectives of the WFM Center of Excellence organization in alignment with overall business objectives and priorities.
- Serve as senior leader and business partner with strategy and operations leaders and upstream business areas (Marketing, Risk, Finance and Operation Strategy) to ensure alignment on goals, key business initiatives, employee satisfaction and customer experience.
- Own customized analysis to assess call arrival pattern and call volume impact from various new initiatives including Marketing campaigns, risk, authorization and fraud strategies and system changes, and develop methodology to enhance forecasting accuracy and operational staffing tactics.
- Provide strategic direction and alignment for each Card & Consumer Banking P&L through coordinated inputs and operational expectations.
- Provide full cycle accountability; leading team responsible for designing and developing analytical projects, as well as interpreting results, formulating recommendations and presenting to various business partners and senior management across the organization.
- Oversee the development and enhancement of accurate monthly operational forecasting models to support the key priorities and customer experience objectives.
- Serve as subject matter expert related to the effective use of analytical methodologies, time series data, forecasting, econometric modeling, headcount forecasting and capacity planning.
- Effectively own and manage relationships with senior leadership across all business units and internal shared services to ensure alignment, constancy of purpose and delivery of key BU results.
- Coach, develop, lead, and manage a team of ~80 professionals with diverse skills and experiences to deliver optimal results, ensuring appropriate training, tools and succession planning.
- Innovate and identify new opportunities to reduce operating expense, improve automation and drive continuous improvement across all areas of responsibility
- Oversee design and effective enterprise reporting, ad-hoc analysis to identify root causes related to customer experience, operational risks and efficiency, evaluate business impacts and identify optimization opportunities.
- Identify technology needs related to areas of responsibility; initiate and implement industry leading technology and process improvement projects.
- Demonstrate understanding of cross functional business knowledge in Card and Consumer Banking lines of business
- Demonstrate Discover behaviors and consistent understanding of organizational commitment to customer experience, employee engagement and corporate culture.
Required Skills & Experiences
- A Bachelor’s degree in Business, Economics, Engineering, Math, Statistics, Operations Research, Business Administration or equivalent experience required. Master’s degree preferred.
- 12+ years of progressively expanding experience with a strong background in contact center operations, analytics, consumer finance, engineering, marketing or consulting.
- Strong background in data, financial analysis and statistical modeling. Experience with SAS, SQL, Snowflake, advanced forecasting techniques (e.g. time series) preferred.
- Proven track record at all levels within an organization, role model for strategic partnership and accountability
- Effective at integrating business partners, data teams, engineers and operations leaders in such a way that drives excitement, innovation, continuous improvement and significantly improves performance.
- Demonstrated leader and self-starter with strong conflict resolution and self-determined decision-maker that can quickly and independently assesses business requirements and become a trusted and integral part of the senior leadership team.
- Demonstrated understanding of Discover Management System and application across various business units
- Excellent judgment, adaptability, troubleshooting and problem solving skills.
- Open and frequent communicator at all levels of the organization with ability to build strong relationships and demonstrate effective interpersonal skills.
- Experience in advanced analytics platforms and business visualization tools a plus.
- Proven leadership/management/motivational skills and the ability to manage multiple large teams in different geographic locations.
What are you waiting for? Apply today!
The same way we treat our employees is how we treat all applicants – with respect. Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer (EEO is the law). We thrive on diversity & inclusion. You will be treated fairly throughout our recruiting process and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status in consideration for a career at Discover.