|Location:||Charlotte, North Carolina|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
Microsoft’s Customer Service and Support (CSS) organization focuses on customer success by providing deep technical expertise to solve their issues. The CSS Business Intelligence (CSSBI) team is chartered with delivering strategic & operational insights to a variety of key business stakeholders, including the CSS LT, CSS Delivery Managers, and cross-Microsoft stakeholders requiring insights from support data. We are chartered with two strategic objectives: simplify the data & insights stream for CSS leaders and enable business transformation with an intense focus on creating & delivering customer centric insights.
The Advanced Analytics team within CSSBI works on business problems that require application of advanced quantitative techniques, machine learning and AI. We are looking for business analytics and ML professional. Areas of work include building predictive ML on CSS operational data, next best action modelling, quantifying impact of support interactions and customer lifetime value modeling, among others. The ideal candidate will be able to comprehend business context and do hands on work to build full-fledged solutions, developed on right analytical methodologies. These include but not limited to exploratory data analysis, predictive modeling, what-if scenario modeling, machine learning based models etc. Where required, he or she will have to collaborate with data management and BI teams to drive necessary data integration activities
And – since we’re in the midst of our own digital transformation, you will also need to be adept at managing constant business change, rapidly evolving requirements, adjustments in strategic direction, and emerging technologies. You will need to be agile and flexible, yet strong and disciplined. This is an amazing opportunity to be at the center of building a showcase worthy data capability to support an organization that interacts with thousands of our customers every day.
- Generate business impact through deployment of advanced analytics & data science solutions across a variety of areas including operational analytics, customer lifetime value modeling, campaign measurements, next best action recommenders, customer churn etc.
- Write scalable, distributed and highly efficient code, with demonstrated evidence of competency in languages such as R, Python, PySpark, Scala, C/C++, C#, Java and other coding languages.
- Engage with business stakeholders across teams to frame, structure and prioritize business problems. Develop strong business acumen pertaining to CSS
- Communicate well with technical and non-technical audiences, and contribute modeling expertise as a team player
- Drive inclusion in everything you do
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Mathematics or scientific field requiring statistical &/or econometrics fluency.
- 5-7 years of industry experience with at least 3+ years of demonstrated AI/ML and Deep Learning development in production pipelines with relevant code experience
- Hands on capabilities in one or more of statistical modeling, classification methods, estimation methods, simulation, design of experiments, text mining and related advanced analytics techniques.
- Proficiency in one or more of data analysis and data wrangling tools. That means a flexible mix of querying languages (Kusto/ Azure Data Explorer, T-SQL), reporting tools (Excel, Power BI, Tableau), and stats packages (R, Python, PySpark, SAS, JMP, etc.)
- Experience working in a data intensive environment and translating business needs into data requirements
- Demonstrated ability to effectively engage, collaborate, and consult with stakeholders, including effective prioritization, clear communication, and delivery of actionable data-derived insights
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Qualifications – preferred
- MS or equivalent post graduate degree
- Experience with customer support departments or systems
- Background in Microsoft cloud technology stack including Azure ML, Cosmos, Azure Data Bricks etc. Experience in building data science solutions on cloud would be an added advantage
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and / or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings: Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud Background Check upon hire / transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.