|Location:||New York, New York|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
Sr Pre-Sales Engineer, PromoteIQ
PromoteIQ provides intelligent vendor marketing solutions for the next generation of e-commerce. Our platform helps retailers implement, automate, and scale their brand-funded digital vendor marketing programs. We sit at the intersection of marketing and e-commerce and have a singular mission of empowering retailers and brands to maximize their e-commerce performance.
PromoteIQ embodies a strong startup culture that values diversity, collaboration and craftsmanship - and above all else, results. Our bias towards execution balances critical thinking, root analysis and pragmatic problem solving. We expect a lot from one another and value our thoughtful and intellectually curious company culture.
PromoteIQ is headquartered in New York City and supports a global footprint of e-commerce retailers and brands. The company was acquired by Microsoft in Aug, 2019 and continues to operate as an independent division within Microsoft Advertising. Learn more at https://www.promoteiq.com. This position is based in our NYC/SoHo office.
Microsoft Advertising is a worldwide Sales, Marketing and Services organization on the cutting edge of the digital advertising industry. Microsoft Advertising offers a compelling portfolio of advertising products, innovative solutions and the opportunity to engage with some of the brightest minds in the digital industry. Microsoft Advertising is the destination for experienced, collaborative, and passionate digital advertising professionals seeking a rewarding career and lifestyle.
Who We’re Looking For:
PromoteIQ is seeking an experienced, passionate, and self-motivated Technical Sales professional to join our team. As a Sr Sales Engineer, you will work hand-in-hand with our sales teams as a subject matter expert to differentiate PromoteIQ to prospective customers. You will leverage excellent business and technical communication skills to help customers and partners understand the value of the PromoteIQ platform - explaining technical features, helping customers design architectures, and problem-solving any potential roadblocks. In this role, you will work closely with customers and product development to shape the PromoteIQ platform.
- Engage with senior business and technical decision makers to understand business objectives and demonstrate the value proposition of PromoteIQ.
- Understand key technical objections and develop strategies to resolve technical blockers.
- Provide in-depth subject matter expertise to support the technical relationship with prospective customers, including product and solution briefings and proof-of-concept work.
- Partner directly with product management to prioritize solutions impacting customer adoption.
- Work hands-on with customers to demonstrate and support product integrations in customer/partner environments.
- Recommend integration strategies, enterprise architectures, platforms, and application infrastructure required to successfully implement a complete solution using best practices.
- Deliver customized pre-sales technical presentation and product demonstrations to customers; Own and lead RFP responses that drive new opportunities.
- Requires up to 30% travel
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, or a related technical field or equivalent experience is preferred.
- 7+ years of experience as a solutions architect, technical consultant, or technical sales engineer is required.
- 3+ years of client facing technical experience is required.
- Experience delivering technical pitches to executive audiences; Demonstrated consulting skills and an ability to present complex development topics to both business executives and technical audiences
- Proven track record of facilitating customer design sessions for complex application solution architectures,
- Ability to coordinate technical team resources by identifying necessary team member skills required, assemble as appropriate, and orchestrate customer engagement technical strategy.
- Strong desire to make a difference in a small team.
- Master's degree in Computer Science or other technical field
- Experience in, and understanding of, data and information management as it relates to enterprise SaaS implementations and integrations.
- Experience with high performance server technology and large volume data analytics.
- Experience estimating, scoping, and writing effective SOWs that clearly set expectations and limit risk.
- Experience answering cyber security and regulatory compliance questions and demonstrated ability to address client privacy and information security concerns.
- Experience in a professional services organization strongly preferred.
- Experience in online advertising industry.
- Knowledge of online advertising models (CPM, CPC, etc.) and ad operations.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.