|Job Type:||Full Time|
The Azure Storage team is hiring!
The Azure Storage team enables developers around the world to store their data in Azure. We are customer driven, aiming to always improve the customer experience. Each day brings new challenges and feature requests in a fast moving market – our team looks to exceed customer expectations while maintaining availability, security, and reliability in order to continue accelerating our exponential growth. We aim to create the most approachable storage cloud in the world.
Azure Storage is a critical infrastructure platform at Microsoft, used by developers in all industries to store all types of data for internal and external products alike. We operate at hyperscale – billions of objects and exabytes of data in hundreds of clusters across the globe.
We are looking for a software engineering manager who is passionate about building a healthy team of engaged contributors, with an ability to see the bigger picture and help bring an organizational vision to fruition.
- A great engineer, someone who is disciplined and cares about creating and perfecting high-quality systems.
- Personable and positive: we want people with a high emotional intelligence. You understand people aren’t perfect—you have the patience to work through difficult issues with external and partner teams.
- Open minded: you are passionate and have an opinion, but aren’t opinionated.
- Driven: Interested in owning cross team initiatives to improve Azure Storage.
- 10+ years of experience as a software engineer. You have worked on a distributed system or software platform before and are interested in driving impact at our scale.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in computer science or equivalent work experience.
- Previous management experience: You’re able to help bring out the best in engineers and have led others to success in the past.
Nice to have:
REST API knowledge: You know the difference between a POST and a PATCH and you know the reasons for HTTP Status codes 409 and 412.
Cloud Background check:
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings:
Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.