|Location:||Washington, District of Columbia|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
TE Connectivity seeks an experienced trade compliance professional with significant program management skills to drive the development and continuous improvement of TE’s internal import, export, restricted party screening, and sanctions compliance controls and program, under the supervision of the Associate General Counsel, Global Trade Services (GTS) and in collaboration with GTS colleagues, and business and functional stakeholders. The role will support program development and improvement aspects including policies and procedures, training and communications, monitoring and assessments, incidents and investigations, corrective actions, trade automation systems and tools, data management and integrity, and metrics and reporting.
The role reports into the Associate General Counsel, Global Trade Services who leads the corporate trade function at TE Connectivity. The role presents a fantastic development opportunity for a mid-career trade compliance professional to build upon prior experience for program development and transformation globally.
A successful candidate will be able to work cross-functionally, cross-business, and cross-regionally to ensure program alignment across the businesses and across the globe.
This position requires both project management skills and experience, and knowledge of US export, sanctions and import regulations, with non-US export/sanctions/import law knowledge preferred. The combination of program management and trade expertise is critical in this role to drive excellence in TE’s global trade services program in collaboration with the trade team, businesses and corporate functions.
- Assist in building, implementing and monitoring trade controls to support import, export and sanctions compliance worldwide.
- Develop and maintain import/export policies and procedures along with related communications and training. Manage substantive inputs and stakeholder feedback into policies and procedures.
- Drive implementation of trade-related training and communications programs, and manage internal trade-related learning program, website and libraries.
- Develop monitoring and assessment program (with support from Global Trade team). Develop trade-related metrics for management. Includes supporting investigations, audits and other compliance matters as directed.
- Develop incident and investigation management tools within the trade program to drive corrective actions to completion.
- Work cross-functionally with a variety of stakeholders to support the Global Trade Team in developing and implementing internal controls related to import, export and sanctions requirements.
- Manage trade automation projects in collaboration with trade colleagues and information systems function.
- Leverage data capability within the company to derive meaningful metrics and reporting within the trade program and up to executive leadership.
- Manage import/export/sanctions files and records in compliance with applicable government and internal requirements.
- Provide occasional support on import and export operational activities such as import (HTSUS) and export (ECCN) classifications, restricted party screening and order hold releases.
- Minimum of 10-12 years of experience in trade compliance (export/sanctions/import) regulations (some of which could be derived from non-trade compliance roles), with a strong understanding of US export controls and non-US trade control frameworks.
- Minimum of 5-7 years of experience managing complex projects, timelines and work product deliverables, preferably in a large organization. Strong organizational skills, attention to detail, and facility with project management tools and practices required.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher.
- Ability to work in multiple countries’ regulatory frameworks, leveraging the expertise of in-country experts is needed.
- Excellent writing ability. Good presentation and communication skills, including ability to prepare executive level briefing materials.
- Ability to work effectively in cross functional and global/international teams. Ability to work as part of a team or independently, think critically, and prioritize workload.
- Curiosity, commitment and ability to drive toward quality with patience and good humor.
Experience Level with Business Tools
- Facility in utilizing business tools such as: Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint, Project. Ability to schedule and manage projects using appropriate tools is required for success.
- Experience with SAP or equivalent ERP product and productivity software preferred.
- Experience with E2Open (formerly Amber Road) or other similar trade management software strongly preferred.