|Location:||San Francisco, California|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
Who We Are
Samsara, founded in 2015, is a leader in Industrial IoT and our mission is to increase the efficiency, safety, and sustainability of the operations that power our economy. Our solutions combine hardware and software to bring real-time visibility, analytics, and AI to operations across various industries. Samsara’s fast-growing team is headquartered in San Francisco, with offices in San Jose, Atlanta, and London. Our team has raised $930M from Andreessen Horowitz, General Catalyst, Tiger Global, Dragoneer, AllianceBernstein Holding LP, Franklin Templeton, General Atlantic, Sands Capital Management and Warburg Pincus LLC.
At Samsara, we welcome all. All sizes, colors, cultures, sexes, beliefs, religions, ages, people. We depend on the unique approaches of our team members to help us solve complex problems. We are committed to increasing diversity across our team and ensuring that Samsara is a place where people from all backgrounds can make an impact.
About the Role
In this role you will maintain our corporate forecast, perform quantitative and qualitative analysis to inform capital allocation decisions and drive initiatives to scale the business. You will work closely with senior leadership and across the organization (Engineering, Product, Sales, Marketing, Growth, Business Operations) to present and achieve corporate goals. The ideal candidate is highly self-motivated, analytical, thrives in a fast-paced environment and is comfortable thinking in front of senior leadership.
In this role, you will:
- Manage our corporate model to maintain an accurate forecast and inform strategic decisions across existing and new markets
- Perform data-driven analysis to identify, evaluate and execute on value creation initiatives, investment opportunities and risk mitigation strategies
- Apply long-term corporate goals to complex decisions across the organization
- Identify and track key internal and external metrics to guide operational impact
- Compile and present recommendations to senior management
- Provide support for Board of Director meetings
- Champion, role model, and embed Samsara’s cultural principles (Obsess Over the Customer, Build for the Long Term, Growth Mindset) as we scale globally and across new offices
The ideal candidate has:
- 1-4 years of experience at an investment bank, investment firm, or in an equivalent corporate role. Experience in tech is a plus
- Strong initiative, intellectual curiosity and willingness to take ownership of complex problems
- Excellent analytical skills
- Ability to distill key concepts and be articulate in presentation
- Bachelor’s degree
Working at Samsara has its perks: for all global employees, we provide private medical and dental insurance plus growth and development opportunities, as well as regular virtual team and company events. In the US we offer flexible vacation time, EMEA employees receive 25 vacation days plus national bank holidays. Post-COVID we’ll be back in our global offices with numerous in-office perks.
With the spread of COVID-19, Samsara's global offices will remain closed until further notice with the exception of employees that require access to hardware and lab equipment.
Our primary concern is for the health and well-being of our employees as well as candidates. We have transitioned all interviews and onboarding to be conducted virtually via Zoom video conferencing. Employees are also able to work from countries and states where Samsara is a registered entity through June 2021. All employees are expected to return to our offices when they reopen with the exception of field-based roles.
If you have any questions or concerns before applying, feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.