|Location:||San Francisco, California|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
Samsara, founded in 2015, is a leader in Industrial IoT and our mission is to increase the efficiency, safety, and sustainability of the operations that power our economy. Our solutions combine hardware and software to bring real-time visibility, analytics, and AI to operations across various industries. Samsara’s fast-growing team is headquartered in San Francisco, with offices in San Jose, Atlanta, and London. Our team has raised $930M from Andreessen Horowitz, General Catalyst, Tiger Global, Dragoneer, AllianceBernstein Holding LP, Franklin Templeton, General Atlantic, Sands Capital Management and Warburg Pincus LLC.
In this role you will maintain our corporate forecast, perform quantitative and qualitative analysis to inform capital allocation decisions and drive initiatives to scale the business. You will work closely with senior leadership and across the organization (Engineering, Product, Sales, Marketing, Growth, Business Operations) to present and achieve corporate goals. The ideal candidate is highly self-motivated, analytical, thrives in a fast-paced environment and is comfortable thinking in front of senior leadership.
In this role, you will:
- Manage our corporate model to maintain an accurate forecast and inform strategic decisions across existing and new markets
- Perform data-driven analysis to identify, evaluate and execute on value creation initiatives, investment opportunities and risk mitigation strategies
- Apply long-term corporate goals to complex decisions across the organization
- Identify and track key internal and external metrics to guide operational impact
- Compile and present recommendations to senior management
- Provide support for Board of Director meetings
- Champion, role model, and embed Samsara’s cultural principles (Obsess Over the Customer, Build for the Long Term, Growth Mindset) as we scale globally and across new offices
The ideal candidate has:
- 1-4 years of experience at an investment bank, investment firm, or in an equivalent corporate role. Experience in tech is a plus
- Strong initiative, intellectual curiosity and willingness to take ownership of complex problems
- Excellent analytical skills
- Ability to distill key concepts and be articulate in presentation
- Bachelor’s degree
At Samsara, we welcome all. All sizes, colors, cultures, sexes, beliefs, religions, ages, people. We depend on the unique approaches of our team members to help us solve complex problems. We are committed to increasing diversity across our team and ensuring that Samsara is a place where people from all backgrounds can make an impact.
With the spread of COVID-19 globally, Samsara's offices will remain closed until further notice with the exception of phase 1 employees that require access to hardware and lab equipment.
Our primary concern is for the health and well-being of our employees as well as candidates. We have transitioned all interviews and new hire onboarding to be conducted virtually via Zoom video conferencing. We have allowed employees to work from countries and states where Samsara is a registered entity through the end of 2020.
If you have any questions or concerns before applying, feel free to contact us at email@example.com