|Location:||Redmond, Washington, San Francisco, California|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
Havok has been at the forefront of innovation in video game development for over a decade. We build cross-platform game engine technology, mainly for AAA titles. Our clients include EA, Sony, Activision, Nintendo, Ubisoft, Bungie, Guerrilla, and DICE. Our group is made up of talented, small teams. Each of our engineers has a chance to improve our group, our business, and our ground-breaking products. We cultivate a professional, stable development environment that is not subject to the long periods of crunch time sometimes associated with game development. Our team is growing to take on new challenges and this an excellent opportunity to get involved at the start of exciting, high impact projects.
Our team, Developer Relations Software Engineering, works with game developers throughout production to help them integrate and optimize the latest, greatest technology. We're looking for an outgoing Software engineer who will empower technical, artistic, and creative developers to bring jaw-dropping experiences to life and push the limits of interactive 3D. In this role, you will build relationships with the world's best game developers while you help them realize their visions. Your work will play an essential part in how developers build state of the art experiences that gamers love.
- Provide extraordinary technical support to game developers, from prototype through release
- Accurately assess customers' requirements and recommend solutions which best meet these requirements for a task or overall software solution
- Consult on and optimize engine-specific Havok integrations
- Incorporate customer feedback into product improvements and roadmap
- Be a self-starter, capable of solving ambiguous and challenging technical problems with wide scope
- Keep up to date with the latest developments in Havok products and practices as well as technology in the game industry at large
- Be an ambassador for Havok's premier support
- Engage customers at industry events and onsites
- Learn from, and be mentored by, some of the best engineers in the industry
- 3+ years of professional experience developing high quality, efficient, and clean multiplatform C/C++ code
- 2+ years of professional C++ debugging skills experience
- 1+ years of professional 3D graphics programming experience
- Willingness to travel 25-30%
There are plenty of other skills that aren’t required, but you’ll find useful in this role. Let us know if you have experience with:
- BS / MS in Computer Science, Mathematics, or related field
- Game engine development experience
- 3D modeling tools (e.g. Maya or 3ds Max)
- Advanced math skills related to 3D
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to work with a team in a shared environment
- Passion for, and understanding of, the video game industry
- VR and/or AR experience
- Mobile (iOS or Android) development experience
- C# (used for internal tools)
- Python (used by our build system)
***THIS POSITION CAN BE FILLED IN SAN FRANCISCO, MOUNTAIN VIEW, OR REDMOND***
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings:
- Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud Background Check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.