|Job Type:||Full Time|
Do you want to work on meaningful and impactful projects make a difference? Are you willing to learn from others and open to new ideas? Do you want to support others to succeed and operate in a highly collaborative and global environment? If this sounds like you, Microsoft would like to invite you to come join us as you are, where you can find more than just a job.
Applications to these opportunities are considered for all available Finance MBA intern roles including the one described below. To be considered for an internship position, you need to be enrolled as a student with at least one semester/quarter remaining after the internship.
Finance Manager Intern:
As a Finance Manager Intern, you will be a part of our world class MBA internship program which is an immersive 12-week experience as part of our Central Finance Team. The Central Finance team is responsible for strategic planning, resource allocation, investor relations and ownership of all core financial processes required to drive the continued growth and health of the company. As a Finance Manager at Microsoft, you’ll be encouraged to think big and use your insight on complex, large-scale projects that directly affect the company’s bottom line. Your keen eye for strategic opportunities will have the backing of a global leader with more than $100 billion USD in annual revenue.
To meet the demands of this role, you must act as a change agent — as adept at framing problems and communicating solutions as you are with financial modelling and crunching numbers. You must be confident enough to make tough decisions in times of ambiguity.
There’s never been a better time to join Microsoft as our newer devices and services are hitting the market in a big way. Join us and you can play an integral part in the story that has yet to be written about our ever-evolving business
- Define performance-based business metrics
- Coordinate financial support within or across subsidiaries or regions
- Develop business investment and sales strategy recommendations
- Create financial models for proposed market investments and sales programs
- Evaluate new business opportunities and make meaningful recommendations to senior management
- Provide timely reporting and analysis as it relates to the monthly flash, monthly business review, quarterly CFO forecast, mid-year review, and budget and business plan reviews
- Seek improvements in key business processes, especially those that require cross-group participation
- MBA degree (pursuing with at least one semester/quarter remaining after internship)
- Excellent cross-group collaboration skills, including the ability to comfortably communicate with senior management at Microsoft
- Strong analytical and strategic thinking, but also not afraid to act
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.