|Job Type:||Full Time|
Microsoft’s Cloud Operations and Innovation (CO+I) team builds and operates Microsoft datacenters, which in turn power Microsoft’s cloud business. We anticipate and provide capacity for continuous scale, enabling ~30% of Microsoft revenue through Commercial Cloud ($38 billion in FY20 Q1). The CO+I Engineering team (CO+IE) delivers services, applications, and automation supporting datacenter planning, construction, and operation. We own a large portfolio of services, including workflows that enable predicable, lowest cost datacenter construction, telemetry systems that drive high availability and optimized energy usage, and task and performance management applications that help our operation run as efficiently as possible. CO+I Engineering is a competitive advantage for Microsoft, and an important pillar in its cloud success.
We are looking for a passionate, innovative, high energy individual contributor who can deal with ambiguity and challenge the status-quo to deliver automation capabilities that power the long-range execution planning efforts, drive workflow improvements and build solutions to assist in the delivery of large scale data centers through efficient management of cost and schedule. You will:
- Write high quality, maintainable, reusable code following SOLID principles.
- Collaborate with and demonstrate features developed to stakeholders in an Agile environment.
- Resolve complex system integration challenges working with other members of the team and external teams.
- Share learnings and code assets developed with the CO+I engineering team.
- 4+ years of software development experience shipping production apps or services using the .NET/Azure stack
- BS. in Computer Science, an Information systems background or extensive proven expertise in the software development field.
- Software development experience in any two of the following areas: Web and API development (.NET stack), UX technologies (node.js etc.), SQL Azure, SQL DW, Dynamics365
- Experience with unit testing, mocking, and dependency injection frameworks
- Excellent analytical & problem-solving skills
Preferred, not required:
- Experience working through the full product cycle from initial design to rapid production deployment
- Experience with shipping software products across multiple platforms/devices
Ability to incorporate and understand the needs of our diverse customer base, including customers using assistive technology
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to, the following specialized security screenings: Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.