|Job Type:||Full Time|
The Bing Ads MPS team is a world-class R&D team of passionate and talented scientists and engineers who aspire to solve challenging problems and turn innovative ideas into high-quality products and services that can help hundreds of millions of users and advertisers, and directly impact our business. Our experimentation infrastructure allows us to innovate and test new algorithms rapidly with live traffic to measure their effectiveness, and launch them in production as soon as they produce positive results, which makes our work environment productive and rewarding. We are looking for a Software Engineering Manager to incubate technologies from end to end to make product impact and mentor team of highly talented engineers. The candidate will engage in high potential projects grounded in applications to improve our ad, query and web page understanding.
- Determine problems to solve based on data analysis and customer requirements
- Design and build large scalelow latencyservingsystems anddatainfrastructures
- Lead and manage team of highly motivated and talented engineers
- Drive Collaborations with other teams in Microsoft
- Mentor other members of the team
- Excellent Problem Solving and System Design Skills
- 10+ years outstanding expertise and hands-on experience on one or more ofBig Data Systems like Hadoop, Spark, Storm, Kafka OR Full stack development like Agluar, node.js and other web technologies
- Experience and knowledge of managing highly motivated engineering team of 5+ engineers
- BS/MS degree in CS or related areas required
- Passionate, self-motivated
- Effective communication skills, both verbal and written
- Strong Data Structures, Algorithm fundamentals
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.