|Job Type:||Full Time|
Are you passionate about the digital transformation taking place in Media and Entertainment? Are you inspired by driving large media projects through the power of Microsoft Azure and partner solutions? Would you like to use your technical knowledge to help ISVs make the most from Microsoft Azure, and deploy their solutions at scale forsome of the most challenging and strategic media opportunities? If so, read on!
Azure Media and Entertainment, part of the Azure Engineering organization, is looking for M&E industry experts with a focus in media distribution. This particular role is focused on making media partners successful on Microsoft Azure. Successful candidates will have a proven track record of architecting, deploying and/or migrating media solutions on/in/to the public cloud.
You will be comfortable wearing multiple hats since you will be part product owner, part project manager, part consultant, and part architect. You should know the ins and outs of modern media distribution (OTT) technologies, cloud architecture, DevOps, IaaS, and PaaS, but is not a hands-on coding role. You should be an expert in navigating large organizations and finding experts who can help you unblock partner technical issues.You will thrive in highly matrixed organizations, be adept at creating clarity from ambiguity, have excellent team member skills (down, across, and up) and love getting things done and contributing beyond your core focus area.
- 7+ years of experience in working with medialike transcoding, HLS, MPEG-DASH, DRM, HTML5 players, live streaming, and OTT workflows and content personalization.
- Knowledge of modern cloud architectures and technologies, including cloud cost modeling.
- Experience in successfully delivering large complex projects including scoping, technology, component and vendor selection, integration, monitoring, operations, and supportability.
- Demonstrated success in working with highly matrixed teams to achieve successful project outcomes.
- Strong lead to drive discussions and make things happen.
- Excellent project management skills and be extremely detail-oriented.
- Able to prioritize and simplify despite ambiguity and complexity, to drive matrixedresources towards a common goal.
- Solutions engineer/architect, technical pre-sales, or product/program management background in a media domain either with an ISV, a media-related company, or an SI.
- Familiarity with applicable industry standards.
- Ability to exhibit technical leadership throughout the broader M&E team, and drive positive relationships with other teams, including Azure engineering teams, project delivery, and account teams.
Confidence under pressure especially within tight timelines.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.