Last updated an hour ago
|Location:||San Francisco, California|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
Atlassian is continuing to hire with all interviewing and on-boarding done virtually due to COVID-19. Everyone new to the team, along with our current staff, will temporarily work from home until it is safe to return to our offices.
Meaningful, memorable, and scalable. That's how we believe about brand-building at Atlassian and its portfolio of well-established, ubiquitously-used brands. Social media is at the heart, which is why we are hiring for a leader to build the next brand chapter of this remarkable company.
You will be a key part in building awareness and driving differentiation for Atlassian across owned channels. Though social media marketing and strategy will be the primary emphasis, you’ll be encouraged to move proficiently across content marketing, brand strategy, relationship development, campaign concepting, and more.
Are you a brand-first problem solver with deep social media expertise? Are you someone who has an eye for the stories that sing? If so, read on!
In this role, you'll get to
- Define the roadmap for how our corporate brand is activated across all social channels, which includes developing and leading a robust social media content calendar
- Build measurable and authentic social-first campaigns in service of brand & business goals
- Mobilize the team, as well as several other teams to make your vision real, including Editorial, Creative, Comms, and Product Marketing.
- Guide storytelling efforts across the marketing org, helping to develop a best-in-class approach to social
- Present and articulate work (complete with story, metrics, wins, findings) to peers, partners, and senior leaders
On the first day, we'll expect you to have
- 5+ years of agency experience (creative, design, or otherwise) or in-house as a social media manager or community manager
- Aware of, and on top of, the best ways to use each social media platform, but with a strong opinion on when to follow, and when to lead
- Digital-first creator: a skilled writer/creator who knows how to translate ideas, words, images, and stories to different social platforms in relevant, engaging ways
- Collaboration skills: you excel when working with creatives (copywriters, designers, and more) to concept-ship-iterate, and can lead teammates as well as contribute alongside them
- Flexibility: you’re a T-shaped marketer with extensive social experience across B2B or B2C experience.
- Performance-obsessed: you're skilled at using analytics from a variety of sources to help guide social content creation, headline writing, and platform-specific insights. You're also comfortable using tools that optimize your work (Hootsuite, Sprout Social, Dynamic Signal, etc)
More about our team
Cross-functional collaboration is key to success. The Brand, Customer, and Editorial team sit at the center of a vibrant ecosystem of Events, Creative, Thought Leadership, Product Marketing, PR/Comms and Community. In collaboration with the above teams, we focus on defining how Atlassian and our portfolio of brands show up in the world, from story to look & feel to everything in between. This is a unicorn-like job for a brand-obsessed social marketer that loves strategy but craves getting in the trenches to make ideas real.
More about our benefits
Whether you work in an office or a distributed team, Atlassian is highly collaborative and yes, fun! To support you at work (and play) we offer some fantastic perks: ample time off to relax and recharge, flexible working options, five paid volunteer days a year for your favourite cause, an annual allowance to support your learning & growth, unique ShipIt days, a company paid trip after five years and lots more.
More about Atlassian
Creating software that empowers everyone from small startups to the who’s who of tech is why we’re here. We build tools like Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket, and Trello to help teams across the world become more nimble, creative, and aligned—collaboration is the heart of every product we dream of at Atlassian. From Amsterdam and Austin, to Sydney and San Francisco, we’re looking for people who want to write the future and who believe that we can accomplish so much more together than apart. At Atlassian, we’re committed to an environment where everyone has the autonomy and freedom to thrive, as well as the support of like-minded colleagues who are motivated by a common goal to: Unleash the potential of every team.
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians is the driver of our success. To make sure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.