Discover. A brighter future.
With Discover, you’ll have the chance to make a difference at one of the world’s leading digital banking and payments companies. From Day 1, you’ll do meaningful work you’re passionate about, with the support and resources you need for success. We value what makes each employee unique and provide a collaborative, team-based culture that gives everyone an opportunity to shine. Be the reason millions of people find a brighter financial future, while building the future you want, here at Discover.
Discover Financial Services (NYSE: DFS) is a direct banking and payment services company with one of the most recognized brands in U.S. financial services. Since its inception in 1986, the company has become one of the largest card issuers in the United States. The company issues the Discover card, America's cash rewards pioneer, and offers private student loans, personal loans, home equity loans, checking and savings accounts and certificates of deposit through its direct banking business. It operates the Discover Global Network comprised of Discover Network, with millions of merchant and cash access locations; PULSE, one of the nation's leading ATM/debit networks; and Diners Club International, a global payments network with acceptance around the world. For more information, visit www.discover.com/company
At Discover, be part of a culture where diversity, teamwork and collaboration reign. Join a company that is just as employee-focused as it is focused on its customers, and which is consistently awarded for both. We’re all about people and our employees are why Discover is a great place to work. Be the reason we help millions of consumers build a brighter financial future and achieve yours along the way with a rewarding career.
Discover is recruiting for a Director of Media that will have the responsibility of managing a team (plus external agency and vendor teams) and develop strategy, implementation and optimization of the allocation of media and sponsorship budgets. Reporting to the Vice President of Brand Communications, they will be responsible for leading the development and execution of integrated communication programs across TV/OLV, radio, digital, social, etc., with all additional mass channels. They will partner closely with the Marketing Analytics organization to deploy measurement and attribution solutions to enable media budget optimization.
The Director will on-board the appropriate ad tech solutions for targeting and personalization so that Discover can deliver the right advertising message and experience to the right consumer; also including audience management in partnership with lower funnel teams. Lastly, the Director of Media must ensure that Discover treats media like a well-managed business, with rationale behind why we spend where we spend, and enable us to more quickly pivot and spend our media dollars on tactics that will result in the highest positive impact to business goals across the enterprise.
- Leads strategy, implementation and optimization of allocation of media and sponsorships budget, which includes external agency relationships, to enable strategic goals and priorities of driving consideration and overall brand health metrics and how that impacts new accounts growth, portfolio profitability, etc.
- Determines Video media plans through linear, scatter, and addressable buys. Leverages digital channels including programmatic display, search, mobile, social media, and content deployment to drive results.
- Partners cross-functionally to enable effective integration of media strategic and tactics with other core business areas through partnerships with Directors and VPs across Card Marketing and other lines of business
- Develops best-in-class media capabilities through execution and activation of external relationships, sponsorships, vendors, and new partners.
- Manages key performance indicators, competition, consumer trends, expense budgets, compliance, and brand safety.
- Responsible for leading and development of direct reports internally
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Marketing or related field. Masters preferred.
- 12+ years of Media, Strategy, Ad Agency, Brand Media or related experience
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
What are you waiting for? Apply today!
The same way we treat our employees is how we treat all applicants – with respect. Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer (EEO is the law). We thrive on diversity & inclusion. You will be treated fairly throughout our recruiting process and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status in consideration for a career at Discover.