|Job Type:||Full Time|
Come and join the Microsoft Edge Data Science team where we thrive on using data to solve high impact business problems! Utilize your capabilities for predictive modeling, text mining, clustering, anomaly detection, forecasting methods, and/or other advanced statistical techniques. You will have direct interaction with experts in machine learning and software development across Microsoft and partner with product teams on the vision, scenario/feature planning, execution, and delivery of transformative solutions for the web.
We are looking for a Senior Data Scientist who is excited to use data to answer hard problems, eager to work in a larger team of data scientists and engineers, and ready to make an impact on how the web works. We hire people with diverse multi-disciplinary backgrounds, engineering and analytical skills, business experience, relentless curiosity, and a motivation to improve product quality and business outcomes with data. Our work is highly varied and offers abundant opportunities to focus on many different data science techniques and aspects of the Microsoft Edge business.
As a leader within Data Science you will:
- Research, define, and develop new methods for analyzing and measuring the quality of product features and product releases.
- Analyze data and study the system to supply meaningful insights on product/feature quality.
- Design and conduct experiments to gain insights into the quality, health of products, and customer usage.
- Cross-collaborate with engineers on building statistical models, applying machine learning techniques for targeted solutions, and effectively communicating the analysis and findings through interactive visualizations, documents, and presentations.
- Influence across disciplines and teams, to ensure we are making data-driven decisions and solving real customer problems.
To be successful you will need:
- Excellent interpersonal, analytical, communication, and presentation skills – the ability to communicate complex findings in a simple manner.
- Strong problem-solving skills with an emphasis on product development.
- To enjoy discovering and solving problems; proactively seeking clarification of requirements and direction; being a self-starter who takes responsibility when required.
- Ability to explore different directions based on data and be able to quickly change direction based on the analysis.
- A desire to mentor others and stay current with advances in the industry.
- 5+years of experience in a data science specialization, including statistical data analysis and/or A/B testing in consumer-facing and/or enterprise applications is required.
- 3+ years of experience using statistical computer languages (R, Python, SQL, etc.) to manipulate data and draw insights from large data sets is required.
- Experience with experiments, machine learning, anomaly detection, predictive analysis, exploratory data analysis, and/or other areas of data science on a large-scale product.
- Bachelors/Masters/PhD degree in Machine Learning, Computer Science, Statistics, Applied Mathematics, Operations Research, or a related quantitative field is desired.
- Experience with coordinating specific phases of data analytics (extraction, analysis, manipulation, synthesis, summary, validation, testing, and maintenance) with the objective of creating and building predictive models and algorithms is highly desired.
- Advanced data visualization experience is a plus.
- Engineering experience using large data systems on SQL, Hadoop, Hive queries, etc.is nice to have.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.