|Job Type:||Full Time|
Core Services Engineering builds and manages the critical products and services that Microsoft runs on. We boldly pursue big ideas that power transformational advances at Microsoft and for our customers, while helping Microsoft teams work smarter, faster and more securely every day. Core Services Engineering employees have deep technical and business expertise, customer insights, and a clear point of view that comes from first-hand, large-scale experience with Microsoft and industry solutions. We are engineers, technology leaders and experts, digital transformation change agents, and customer advocates. We have exciting opportunities for you to innovate, influence, transform, inspire and grow within our organization and we encourage you to apply to learn more!
Supply Chain Engineering designs, implements and runs Microsoft’s global manufacturing, repair, planning, order management, and fulfillment services for high-tech devices including Xbox, Surface, and HoloLens. The team is chartered to enable operational performance with the newest enterprise technologies fueling capabilities and integrating into the extended supply chain. The pace of innovation is intense as Microsoft transforms from a software company to a platforms and productivity company - serving up exciting new products and services that empower people and businesses throughout the world. This is a compelling opportunity to join a vibrant, successful organization committed to diversity, dynamism and continuous improvement. We do what we say, when we say. We work hard and we have fun!
Are you an Program Management leader that would like to lead a portfolio of programs that delivers services and capabilities for the Microsoft devices and Cloud + Enterprise (C+E)? Microsoft is looking for you to take the leadership role in transforming how Microsoft manages the internal and customer facing systems that drive manufacturing and supply chain. This position will be responsible for taking the business case opportunities and driving an aligned roadmap to deliver the systems capabilities in order to realize the business value that contributes to Microsoft revenue, cost reduction and increasing customer experience. This position requires collaboration within the engineering team, across Microsoft product groups to leverage the technology and external partners to deliver the end to end solution This is an unique opportunity to be part of envision the idea, participate in design and drive execution of the program.
As a Principal PM Manager in Core Service Engineering you will be responsible for building our capacity to grow the business and our ability to turn customer needs into high value solutions and services. You will grow and empower a talented team of Program Managers, and you will work with our key partners across Microsoft to create, drive and deliver user experiences that support and scale our business functions.
To be successful in this role:
- As a leader and manager within our organization you will be responsible for fostering a culture of respect, integrity and inclusion where everyone can do their best work.
- You will be a talent attractor to the organization
- A mentor to your team members, helping them develop the program management skills they need to succeed and grow in their role
- And a role model to the organization
- As a product leader, you will create a clear point of view that comes from first-hand, large-scale experience with Microsoft and industry solutions
- You will build and execute the vision meeting or far exceeding industry solutions, while enlisting our partners in that success
- You will define the metrics by which we measure and judge successful outcomes, and you will work with engineering to create sophisticated methods for creating and measuring progress towards those outcomes
- You will ensure product designs meet compliance, regulatory, accessibility, and external standards
- You will drive the delivery of those outcomes and evangelize the results within our organization, within our partner organizations, and externally to the industry
- You will work with User Research and User Design to develop sophisticated consumer grade, user experiences that support and empower our customers and partners to make decisions and create value and insights
- A minimum of a Bachelors degree in Computer Science, Software Development, Software Engineering, Software Design, or a related field, or equivalent alternative education, skills, and/or practical experience is required.
- 10 years' minimum experience in Program Management or Project Management
- Excellent project management skills
- 3+ years of experience leading agile projects or service management activities consisting of direct or indirect people management
- Strong technical expertise in object oriented programming, RDBMS and Service Oriented Architecture and problem solving skills
- Experience with the practical application of established practices like, SCRUM, SAFe, LEAN, etc.
- Experience in implementation of Cloud Computing concepts and platforms
- Proven problem resolution, judgment, negotiating and decision making skills
- Excellent cross group collaboration skills with proven leadership experience of managing multiple virtual/global teams
- Drives through ambiguity, self-motivated and thrives on minimal supervision.
- Confident, takes ownership, willingness to “do what it takes” to get the job done with proven experience leading complex programs/initiatives to successful completion.
- Be a self-starter and a leader that can maintain focus and deliver results consistently that drive business capability value
- Strong written and oral communication skills with experience providing project status to line and executive management
- Exceptional ability to build positive and productive cross-group relationships
- Strong customer focus and passion for doing what's right for the customer -Relentless drive for results
- Excellent judgment, decision making skills
- Ability to go technically deep and quickly ramp up on new technologies
- Ability to work independently in highly ambiguous environments
- Excellent presentation skills and experience of presenting to developers up to senior management
- Independent thinker who works well in a team setting
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.