|Job Type:||Full Time|
Are you passionate about cloud computing, large scale distributed systems engineering problems and working on bleeding edge technology at massive scale? Are you interested in both software and hardware, optimizing large scale systems to improve efficiency and reliability? Are you structured and data driven in developing strategies and making complex decisions?
The Azure Storage team is looking for a Principal Program Manager to work closely with other PM’s, Software Engineers, Finance and Capacity Planning to enable hyperscale growth with efficiency. You will define strategy for reducing our cost profile while ensuring continuity of supply. You will need a broad and deep understanding of our technical architecture and business strategy, with a passion for driving operational excellence. You will be responsible for tackling hard problems to drive our capacity reliability needs and collaborating on cost efficiency work across our Azure Storage fleet, which includes Archive, Object Storage, Azure Data Lake Storage, and Azure Disks. You will need to be able to understand, evaluate, balance, and represent many different points of view as you work across teams. You will bring structured analysis, along with a drive for results. You need to have a passion for data and the principles behind decisions, in order to rapidly make decisions that have impact for years to come. You will be consistently collaborating with senior leaders in the organization and helping mentor others on the team and help them develop their strategies in related areas.
- Responsible for large components our core financial and capacity fulfillment KPI’s
- Contributing to multi-year roadmaps for our cost profile
- Drive your components of a world-class system of ensuring we have the right capacity available in the right places at the right time.
- Constantly anticipating the customer needs we will have three years from now and ensuring we are building to be ready
- Partner strongly with a wide array of disciplines and teams
- 6+ years of professional experience in technical product management
- 3+ years in cloud-based businesses
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, engineering or related disciplines or equivalent combination of work plus education
- Strong experience in at least two of the following with some experience (possibly informal) in a third: Engineering, Finance, Data Science (including machine learning), or Capacity Planning
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.