|Job Type:||Full Time|
Core Services Engineering builds and manages the critical products and services that Microsoft runs on. We boldly pursue big ideas that power transformational advances at Microsoft and for our customers, while helping Microsoft teams work smarter, faster and more securely every day. Core Services Engineering employees have deep technical and business expertise, customer insights, and a clear point of view that comes from first-hand, large-scale experience with Microsoft and industry solutions. We are engineers, technology leaders and experts, digital transformation change agents, and customer advocates.
We have exciting opportunities for you to innovate, influence, transform, inspire and grow within our organization and we encourage you to apply to learn more!
The person in this role is responsible for defining, driving, and implementing the Microsoft cross-product integrated vision and strategy for the updates process across multiple 1st and 3rd party products to drive intelligence, automation and an intelligent, streamlined experience for both end users and IT Admins/Professionals. In this role, you'll lead a virtual team composed of cross-product and IT teams. The team will plan and agilely adopt solutions from proof-of-concept through broad adoption. You'll build and gain insight through business intelligence, user experience studies, and lessons-learned to define the future user experience strategies for the enterprise. We're looking for a self-driven individual who enjoys learning new technologies and can drive the future potential of this technology across our environment. We're passionate about the intersection of user experience and technology, and committed to achieving new levels of user satisfaction and productivity. This position will partner closely with Microsoft engineering groups and have a direct impact on features and capabilities prioritized and delivered for our end users and enterprise customers.
- Manage and improve the upgrade and deployment process for client/products to Microsoft internal users to provide seamless, non-disruptive updates and optimize the user experience and communications regarding update process, scope and change management expectations.
- Drive improvements, intelligence and automation into the IT Admin and device management features and processes in the context of OS and application managment toolsets (includes: Azure Active Directory, Intune, Active Directory, Group Policy, and SCCM)
- Define, plan and manage internal implementation of client solutions, to continuously improve the user and IT pro experiences.
- Manage internal self-hosting of pre-release versions: Including design, plan, success measures, data/analytics.
- Define and utilize a broad set of integrated data inputs to guide decisions, design and execution across your assigned domain.
- Drive data strategy, analysis and execution for your area, in collaboration with data science & insight teams, and with other related domain areas to leverage, integrate and align insights and measurement across partner teams and investment areas.
- Leverage PowerBI define, develop and utilize data driven insights on the user and IT Pro update process and experience.
- Liaison between end user feedback/sentiment, internal IT and Product Group(s) to drive feature sets, prioritization, quality standards and success measures.
- Engage with external customers on showcase engagements to educate them on best practices and learnings from Microsoft’s internal processes and experience.
Successful candidate will:
- Partner across a broad set of IT and engineering group stakeholders to define the vision and strategy for the Microsoft enterprise to enable the aspirational experience for users and IT professionals.
- Posess solid program management and business acumen combined with a sound technical foundation and a natural curiosity for new technologies.
- Use a data-driven approach and data analysis to gain insights into solution effectiveness and user experiences, identify opportunities to improve the products and services, and measure the effectiveness of these improvements.
- Have a proven ability to think strategically to envision future enterprise technology needs: Will continuously refine the vision and strategy based on lessons learned, evolving industry trends, new technologies, and new Microsoft product offerings, and articulate the vision, strategy, and adoption status with senior leaders across Microsoft to gain support and commitment to invest in bringing the strategy to life.
- Contribute to Showcase materials and customer engagements to drive adoption of Microsoft products.
- Demonstrate excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills, and a collaborative style that can drive impact through influence in a virtual team environment.
- Show Passion for the user experience, including end users and IT Pros
- 5+ years of program management or software engineering experience.
Preferred, not required:
- Experience with IT admin management and associated tool sets (Intune, SCCM, Group Policy etc)
- Technical problem solving and analytical skills with a strong aptitude for solving and delivering streamlined practices or solutions
- Proven ability to make timely and defensible decisions from a data and contextual insights.
- Ability to resolve conflicting situations and bring matrixed stakeholders into alignment.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.