|Job Type:||Full Time|
Industry teams enable our sales teams and partners to deliver relevant, high-quality solutions and services to empower our customers to lead the digital transformation of the Financial Services industry.
The Partner Strategy Lead’s main goal is to define, activate and accelerate the GSI and ISV landscape that supports the WW Financial Services strategy and solutions at Microsoft.
This role requires someone who is highly motivated, combining exceptional strategic thinking, superior executive communication skills, project management, quantitative skills, and excellent team member skills (down, across, and up.)
The Partner Strategy Lead will be responsible for identifying the GSI and ISV partner ecosystem required to light up priority scenarios. The partner lead will need to be able to prioritize across a highly complex market landscape to ensure that the company is putting our bets where ROI will be greatest in order to accelerate market penetration.
- Works with the Solutions team to identify the relevant partner ecosystems aligned to industry strategy and key business scenarios
- Ensures clear GTM strategy and execution plan for each partner against the top scenarios
- Identifies gaps in partner eco-system and prioritizes for recruitment, working with OCP, BD and Industry Experiences teams
- Takes a portfolio management approach across dimensions: solutions, geo (global/regional), segment and focus (incumbent/disrupters)
- Builds and executes landing plan for partners through industry and field communities, working with Solutions team
- Incubates new partner driven solutions opportunities within marquee customers
- Measured on partner co-sell and case studies, consumption of solutions, 3 cloud revenue
The successful candidate will exhibit capabilities including:
- Has deep relationships within the Financial Services industry (consultancies, large technology providers and innovative startups)
- 20+ years of Financial Services expertise to enable translation of business requirements into field and customer messaging and readiness materials
- Ability to think simultaneously about the ‘big picture’ partner landscape overall, with an attention to detail that ensures execution success
- Master communicator with superb ability to translate technology solutions into business outcome driven sales toolsbility to rally the partner ecosystem (internally and externally) to achieve the goals of Microsoft in the FSI industry
- Experience driving partner alignment strategy and digital transformations for clients
- Represent Microsoft at key partner industry events
- Comfort operating in a highly competitive business environment, and skilled arbitrator among multiple partners who each solve similar customer problems
- Ability to see around the corner to what is coming and a sixth sense for finding a partner who can deliver it
- Skilled at prioritization, creating order and marshalling resources towards achieving a common goal
- Confidence under pressure especially within tight timelines
- Tireless advocate for the Financial Services industry
- Experienced in solution selling methodology
- A growth mindset
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.