|Job Type:||Full Time|
The Azure Core team works on special projects across all of Microsoft Azure. We are looking for a Principal Software Engineer to join us in our work to accelerate the pace of our innovation, improve the resiliency of Azure and ensure we have visibility across the entire Azure platform.
The person in this role will use their experience in cloud scale architecture and software development, along with their excellent communication, project management, and collaboration skills to define scenarios, identify collaboration partners, and work across Microsoft to implement new versions of shared components, work with Azure teams to adopt common patterns, and identify and integrate data feeds to yield technical insights to Azure itself.
- 7+ years software development, including delivering high scale, cloud-based systems
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Computer Science or related field, OR equivalent industry experience
- Solid CS fundamentals, including modern data structures, multi-threaded / asynchronous programming, distributed architecture patterns
- Excellent technical design, problem solving and debugging skills
- Experience with a public cloud, ideally Azure
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Knowledge of .NET, C# and associated toolsets / frameworks
- Experience with engineering infrastructure including build, deployment, monitoring, and telemetry analysis
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced dynamic environment with rapidly changing requirements
- Demonstrated leadership and strong cross-team skills
- Ability to analyze complex problems to determine best course of action
- Ability to successfully influence without authority and manage efforts through relationships
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings: Microsoft Cloud Background Check. This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.