At Discover, you will never stop learning. We are looking for people driven by purpose, who want to help us change the game in financial services. We were founded in 1986, and now have over 16,000 employees. Together we are dedicated to helping people spend smarter, manage debt better and save more for a brighter financial future.
By joining us, you will be part of a culture where diversity, teamwork and collaboration reign. We are as focused on our employees as we are on our customers – and we have been consistently awarded for both. Be the reason we help millions of people build a brighter financial future, and achieve yours along the way.
What You’ll Do
- Work on projects and strategic initiatives aligned with Discover's high-priority goals that will provide you with business and industry knowledge.
How You’ll Do It
- Work on model design, development, implementation, usage, and/or model governance. Evaluate external data/models.
- Manage the relationship with related business partners and ensure that modeling projects are delivered in a timely manner.
- Work on in-depth modeling audits, including process evaluation of modeling related activities such as data quality, model performance tracking, and model governance policy.
- Leverage industry, economic, and market information to perform valuations of capital investment, loss forecasting, treasury function, and other financial model related activities.
- Develop and execute analysis using machine learning techniques and methods in areas such as credit risk management, marketing, and fraud prevention.
Qualifications You’ll Need
- Must be pursuing Master and/or PhD degree in mathematics, statistics, economics, engineering or related field
- 1+ years of experience in mathematics, statistics, economics, engineering or related field
- Graduation date of December 2021-June 2022
What are you waiting for? Apply today!
The same way we treat our employees is how we treat all applicants – with respect. Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer (EEO is the law). We thrive on diversity & inclusion. You will be treated fairly throughout our recruiting process and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status in consideration for a career at Discover.