Last updated one month ago
|Job Type:||Full Time|
Atlassian is continuing to hire with all interviewing and on-boarding done virtually due to COVID-19. All new and existing Atlassians will continue to work from home until it’s safe to return to our offices. When our offices re-open, every Atlassian will have the choice to work from an office or from home.
If you are passionate about software and finding solutions to problems through agility, we want to talk with you! You will be a be a key contributor to the Jira Align Development Team, which strives to help simplify software at scale by bringing business and software development organizations together in one intuitive platform.
In this role as a Big Data Architect, you will be working with the Core Jira Align, BI and AI and teams to improve customers insights into their organizational transformation and execution against strategy. You will be integral in the design and implementation of a reliable, performant and scale-able data intelligence solution for Jira Align. You will be relied upon to research and recommend integration and analytics products, services and architectural patterns as well as possessing the ability to implement base frameworks and libraries required for the data platform. Great communication and documentation of data models and architecture is important for maintaining an accurate view of the solution and to help others understand how the technical concepts enable business capabilities.
On your first day, we'll expect you to have:
- Undergraduate in Computer Science, Information Technology or related field
- 10 years experience in software development roles
- Proven experience with very large scale data platforms and architectures, preferably in a principal architect or higher role for a large scale cloud native solution
- Experience with AWS based services (Redshift, Snowflake, S3, RDS, Kinesis) preferred.
- Advanced knowledge of data warehousing design principles and practices with an understanding of Big Data challenges
- Proven experience working with business stakeholders to define and deliver technology solutions.
- Able to move between varying levels of abstraction from business strategy to detailed implementation
- Strong understanding of various data intensive architectural patterns, stream and batch processing, and varieties of data types
- Knowledge and hands-on experience of data modeling, mapping, integration and profiling tools
- Good knowledge of applicable data privacy practices and laws
- Exceptional analytical, conceptual, and problem-solving abilities
- Strong written, oral, presentation and interpersonal communication skills
- Team attitude and ability to build strong peer relationships
- Excellent prioritization and self organizing skills to individually detect and deliver the most important things first
It's great, but not required, if you have:
- 5+ years experience as a Business Intelligence Engineer.
- Advanced knowledge of SQL and ETL processes.
- Experience with software development life cycle and Agile methodologies.
- Experience with forecasting and statistical analysis
- Experience with BI client tools such as Tableau and Power BI and platforms
More about our team
You’ll be joining a team that is passionate about building great software and quickly iterating on ideas and work to provide customers with continuously improving experience. We challenge each other constantly to improve, always asking difficult questions and pushing personal and professional growth. This team is focused on building features for enterprise-scale customers with improved performance, scale-ability and security in mind while meeting and exceeding the need. Our team has a direct impact on the growth of Atlassian.
More about Atlassian
Creating software that empowers everyone from small startups to the who’s who of tech is why we’re here. We build tools like Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket, and Trello to help teams across the world become more nimble, creative, and aligned—collaboration is the heart of every product we dream of at Atlassian. From Amsterdam and Austin, to Sydney and San Francisco, we’re looking for people who want to write the future and who believe that we can accomplish so much more together than apart. At Atlassian, we’re committed to an environment where everyone has the autonomy and freedom to thrive, as well as the support of like-minded colleagues who are motivated by a common goal to: Unleash the potential of every team.
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians is the driver of our success. To make sure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.