At Discover, you will never stop learning. We are looking for people driven by purpose, who want to help us change the game in financial services. We were founded in 1986, and now have over 16,000 employees. Together we are dedicated to helping people spend smarter, manage debt better and save more for a brighter financial future.
By joining us, you will be part of a culture where diversity, teamwork and collaboration reign. We are as focused on our employees as we are on our customers – and we have been consistently awarded for both. Be the reason we help millions of people build a brighter financial future, and achieve yours along the way.
Discover's General Business Leadership Programs are exciting 2 year rotational opportunities for highly motivated individuals who are interested in exploring a host of disciplines within Discover. Participants will work on challenging initiatives in a sought after work environment and culture. Individuals selected will rotate through two different business areas/disciplines within Discover business units, including Consumer Banking, Corporate Risk Management, Credit Operations, Payments Network, and US Cards. While reporting to high performing managers, they will work on projects and strategic initiatives aligned with Discover's high-priority goals. Participants may influence the future direction of the business as a direct result of their contributions. They will be afforded opportunities to exercise people and thought leadership in high exposure roles by leading analyses, supporting internal and external business partners, and implementing unprecedented, revenue-driving projects.
Participants can expect:
- Two one-year rotations aimed at aligning personal talents with business initiatives
- Challenging and impactful work assignments that support Discovers strategic priorities and objectives Opportunities to work on cross-functional projects and/or teams
- Opportunities to improve processes, manage complex projects, and present to management Enhance abilities to lead projects, make decisions, problem solve and think creatively
- Dedicated program managers, experienced rotational managers and knowledgeable mentors
- Interaction with the key stakeholders and leadership through both projects and program events Opportunity for career advancement and success
Opportunities may exist in variety of different areas enterprise-wide including:
- Acquisition – strategy and operations for all product lines (card, deposits, loans)
- Business Analytics
- Business Development
- Business Risk and Compliance
- Collections Strategy, Customer Experience and Operations
- Consumer Insights & Market Research
- Customer Engagement – Strategy & Operations
- Marketing – Strategy, Digital Communications & Customer Experience
- Payments Technology & Strategy
- Process Improvement
- Product Management
- Product Strategy
- A Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited 4-year College or University
- Business related discipline is helpful, but all majors are eligible for consideration
- Must have a graduation date between December 2020 - June 2021
- A minimum of a 3.0 GPA on 4.0 grade point average scale
- This position is not eligible for visa sponsorship
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to translate ideas into clear priorities
- High energy and intellectual curiosity
- Strong analytical skills and a consultative approach to addressing customer needs
- Strong business acumen, knowledge of financial industry, risk management, and business metrics
- Proficiency in SQL, SAS
- Proficiency in visual data management, i.e. Excel, Tableau
- Experience with Digital Design and Customer User Experience
- Demonstrated ability to solve problems creatively
- Ability to apply previous experience and knowledge to new situations and problems
- Operates as a team player
What are you waiting for? Apply today!
The same way we treat our employees is how we treat all applicants – with respect. Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer (EEO is the law). We thrive on diversity & inclusion. You will be treated fairly throughout our recruiting process and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status in consideration for a career at Discover.