Discover. A brighter future.
With Discover, you’ll have the chance to make a difference at one of the world’s leading digital banking and payments companies. From Day 1, you’ll do meaningful work you’re passionate about, with the support and resources you need for success. We value what makes each employee unique and provide a collaborative, team-based culture that gives everyone an opportunity to shine. Be the reason millions of people find a brighter financial future, while building the future you want, here at Discover.
The Enterprise Technology Data Management team at Discover is looking for a highly motivated and dynamic Release Train Engineer (RTE) to join our growing team. The RTE's major responsibilities are to facilitate the Agile Release Train events and processes and to assist the teams in delivering value. RTEs communicate with stakeholders, escalate impediments, help manage risk, and drive relentless improvement. We are seeking a candidate who has proven leadership skills, the ability to think critically and problem-solve, and a track-record of ensuring project milestones and deadlines are met. Ideally the candidate will be SAFe and/or SCRUM certified, with several Agile releases on record.
What You’ll Do
- Take responsibility for Agile Release Train (ART) processes and standards, program-level planning, execution and continual improvement.’
- Facilitate Scrum-of-Scrum forum, manages program-level impediments and risks, and ensure the Release Train stays on track for program-level initiatives and features delivery.
- Ensure transparency about the ART's delivery, risks, and accomplishments.
How You’ll Do It
- Manage and track program-level execution and Program Increments (PI) feature delivery, escalate impediments and risks (produces reports)
- Manage and track ART-level metrics and score card.
- Drives program-level continual improvement and consistency across Agile Release Train via retrospectives and Scrum-of-Scrums forums.
- Collaborate with other RTEs for resolving prioritization, conflicts and synchronization.
- Establish Program Increments calendar.
- Plan and facilitate the PI planning event.
- Aggregate team objectives into PI objectives and publish for visibility and transparency.
- Facilitate program feature grooming and manage program-level backlog.
- Facilitate program-level dependencies with other Release Trains and shared services.
Qualifications You’ll Need
- Bachelor's degree in Information Systems Management
- 4+ years of experience in coaching and mentoring skills on Agile methodology and understand Scrum Framework, Scrum-of-Scrum lead and working in a scaled Agile environment setting
- In lieu of a degree, 6+ years of coaching and mentoring skills on Agile methodology and understand Scrum Framework, Scrum lead or Scrum master, and working in a scaled Agile environment setting
What are you waiting for? Apply today!
The same way we treat our employees is how we treat all applicants – with respect. Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer (EEO is the law). We thrive on diversity & inclusion. You will be treated fairly throughout our recruiting process and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status in consideration for a career at Discover.