|Job Type:||Full Time|
The Worldwide Customer Success team focuses on helping our customers get to successful business outcomes using our technology and solution offerings. The team will do this by engaging with stakeholders and driving consumption through governance of projects, both with key Business Decision Makers and IT Decision Makers. They will ensure that any project is set for success with the right executive sponsorship, outcome engineering, architecture and the right resources (from partners, FastTrack, Engineering, Services, relationship and specialist field sales teams). This customer centric team will, through their actions, over time, drive greater lifetime value, higher renewal propensity, higher consumption/usage and most importantly greater business value for the customer from their investments.
The Data Science team under the Customer Success Cloud Consumption office is responsible for designing and executing enterprise strategies that will empower the field customer success teams unblock their customer’s consumption challenges. This team works in an agile environment on several strategic projects leading cross functional teams and other data science organizations. The role of Principal Data & Applied Scientist Lead will lead the Data, Reporting and Data Science strategies for Worldwide Customer Success for Azure Solution Area. The role requires the technical capabilities and experience in Machine Learning algorithms, Analytics and Reporting tools along with experience in managing technical teams.
- Lead a world class team of Data Scientists and Business Analysts to deliver business insights and mathematical models for the Customer Success field teams and Enterprise Customers for Azure Solution Area
- Drive collaboration and partnership with internal teams on business and customer requirements and prioritization, centered on improving Customer Journeys
- Drive collaboration and partnership with other Data Science teams in Microsoft to drive customer success.
- Partner closely with our legal teams to ensure we are treating all customer data to comply with appropriate confidentiality and usage
- Represent the data science team with internal/external partners and senior leadership
- Provide strategic and technical leadership on Data Science projects
- Champion the culture of data driven and growth hacking
- 3+years of leading data science teams
- 5+years of experience of data science, machine learning and statistics
- 3+years of experience with statistical programming in R, Python, SAS,
- 3+ years big data systems for ad hoc query and data preparation
- Experience developing Apps, scorecards and reports using like PowerBI, PowerApps, Tableau and Flow
- Interpersonal communication and presentation skills (leverage the data to tell a story)
- Collaboration and Program Management skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or equivalent professional experience
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.