|Job Type:||Full Time|
The Lab Environment Manager works independently to build, manage, and maintain on-demand technical lab environments used by the Customer Success teams that train, support, and implement Okta solutions. Okta seamlessly connects people to the cloud & on premise technologies that they rely on every day, on any device. The role will create and maintain a repository of on-demand, virtual environments to accelerate a range of integration use cases with directories like LDAP and Microsoft Active Directory, with leading business applications like Salesforce, G-Suite, Zoom, Slack, Office 365, and WorkDay and with collaboration solutions like Box and SharePoint. Labs include the use of multi-server/workstation configurations and mobile iOS and Android devices
The Lab Environment Manager makes effective use of automated cloud infrastructure technologies and best practices that enable scale and growth for Okta’s customer support organization. The successful candidate in this role will be skilled at providing program leadership as well as executing on technically designed solutions with minimal supervision. As this is a new role and development of techniques and processes will be from the ground up, only creative, entrepreneurial, self-starters need apply.
- Requirements scope, Architect, Create, test, deploy, and maintain a repository of on-demand test environments to support a diverse set of Customer support program requirements
- Implement and maintain an application/ environment inventory library
- Manage lab environment application addition requests
- Maintain and provide quarterly expense and budget reporting to support leadership team
- Develop data load and refresh scripts and integrations to improve the efficiency of lab operations
- Partner with Engineering on Okta tenant provisioning and end-of-life processes and enhancements
- Create images and best practices for multi-server/workstation configurations hosted within on or many cloud computing providers
- Regularly collect usage and availability feedback from technical support engineers towards incremental availability and functionality improvements
- Work cross functionally with security and engineering teams to ensure compliance in environment
- Maintain fine grained access control and licensing for 3rd party integrations
- Partner with Okta IT, Security, and Business Development teams to procure and manage 3rd party software budgets, contracts, purchase orders, and invoices
- Facilitate stakeholder steering committee meetings and independently project manage work streams to successfully deliver upon program goals
- BA/BS/MS in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, or comparable experience
- 3+ years of experience in Technical lab Administration, Site Reliability Engineering, or Quality Assurance Test Engineering role with an emphasis on creating and maintaining test or training environments
- Expertise in implementing both local and cloud (AWS, Azure, etc.) based test environments in an automated fashion
- Experience with cloud orchestration tools such as Kubernetes, Chef, Azure automation, or Ansible
- Expertise in configuration and administration of core Microsoft product stack, including Windows Server, Windows Workstation, Active Directory, High Availability, DNS, DHCP, Group Policies and IIS
- Experience with mobile device emulation in lab or QA testing environments
- Experience with extended Microsoft product stack (SharePoint, Exchange, CRM/Dynamics)
- Expertise in configuration and administration of LDAP directory services
- Experience administering cloud applications such as Office 365, Google Apps, Salesforce and Box
- Experience with Identity & Access Management solutions (Okta, OneLogin, PingIdentity is desireable)
- Experience with Single Sign-On standards (SAML, WS Federation, OIDC and OAuth)
- Experience with REST and SOAP APIs and scripted integrations (Ruby, Python)
- Strong troubleshooting skills
- Ability to prioritize competing work requests, stack rank, develop a roadmap for deliverables, and keep stakeholders updated through lifecycle
- Experience with JIRA and workflow automations
- Must have an “Automate and Scale” disposition towards getting things done
- AWS Certified SysOps Administrator
- Microsoft Azure Administrator Associate (AZ-104)
- Okta Certified Administrator
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Okta is rethinking the traditional work environment, providing our employees with the flexibility to be their most creative and successful versions of themselves, no matter where they are located. We enable a flexible approach to work, meaning for roles where it makes sense, you can work from the office, or from home, regardless of where you live. Okta invests in the best technologies and provides flexible benefits and collaborative work environments/experiences, empowering employees to work productively in a setting that best and uniquely suits their needs. Find your place at Okta https://www.okta.com/company/careers/.
By submitting an application, you agree to the retention of your personal data for consideration for a future position at Okta. More details about Okta’s privacy practices can be found at: https://www.okta.com/privacy-policy.
Individuals seeking employment at this company are considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, or sexual orientation. You are being given the opportunity to provide the following information in order to help us comply with federal and state Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action record keeping, reporting, and other legal requirements.
Completion of the form is entirely voluntary. Whatever your decision, it will not be considered in the hiring process or thereafter. Any information that you do provide will be recorded and maintained in a confidential file.
If you believe you belong to any of the categories of protected veterans listed below, please indicate by making the appropriate selection. As a government contractor subject to Vietnam Era Veterans Readjustment Assistance Act (VEVRAA), we request this information in order to measure the effectiveness of the outreach and positive recruitment efforts we undertake pursuant to VEVRAA. Classification of protected categories is as follows:
A "disabled veteran" is one of the following: a veteran of the U.S. military, ground, naval or air service who is entitled to compensation (or who but for the receipt of military retired pay would be entitled to compensation) under laws administered by the Secretary of Veterans Affairs; or a person who was discharged or released from active duty because of a service-connected disability.
A "recently separated veteran" means any veteran during the three-year period beginning on the date of such veteran's discharge or release from active duty in the U.S. military, ground, naval, or air service.
An "active duty wartime or campaign badge veteran" means a veteran who served on active duty in the U.S. military, ground, naval or air service during a war, or in a campaign or expedition for which a campaign badge has been authorized under the laws administered by the Department of Defense.
An "Armed forces service medal veteran" means a veteran who, while serving on active duty in the U.S. military, ground, naval or air service, participated in a United States military operation for which an Armed Forces service medal was awarded pursuant to Executive Order 12985.Why are you being asked to complete this form?
Because we do business with the government, we must reach out to, hire, and provide equal opportunity to qualified people with disabilities1. To help us measure how well we are doing, we are asking you to tell us if you have a disability or if you ever had a disability. Completing this form is voluntary, but we hope that you will choose to fill it out. If you are applying for a job, any answer you give will be kept private and will not be used against you in any way.
If you already work for us, your answer will not be used against you in any way. Because a person may become disabled at any time, we are required to ask all of our employees to update their information every five years. You may voluntarily self-identify as having a disability on this form without fear of any punishment because you did not identify as having a disability earlier.How do I know if I have a disability?
You are considered to have a disability if you have a physical or mental impairment or medical condition that substantially limits a major life activity, or if you have a history or record of such an impairment or medical condition.
Disabilities include, but are not limited to:
- Cerebral palsy
- Muscular dystrophy
- Bipolar disorder
- Major depression
- Multiple sclerosis (MS)
- Missing limbs or partially missing limbs
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Obsessive compulsive disorder
- Impairments requiring the use of a wheelchair
- Intellectual disability (previously called mental retardation)
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.
1Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, as amended. For more information about this form or the equal employment obligations of Federal contractors, visit the U.S. Department of Labor’s Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs (OFCCP) website at www.dol.gov/ofccp.
PUBLIC BURDEN STATEMENT: According to the Paperwork Reduction Act of 1995 no persons are required to respond to a collection of information unless such collection displays a valid OMB control number. This survey should take about 5 minutes to complete.