|Job Type:||Full Time|
Microsoft Intune - one of the fastest growing cloud-based enterprise services at Microsoft - allows IT professionals to manage the ever-increasing usage of mobile devices in the workplace, allowing them to secure corporate assets & data while giving users the confidence that their personal data stays private. Business, governments, and educational institutions are under constant threat from a variety of actors, and they are attacking users in record numbers. We protect Microsoft’s customers and their devices across the world and secure their devices from corporate espionage, data leakage, and application infiltration. Intune is a multi-platform solution (Windows, iOS, and Android), integrates with key cloud services at Microsoft, and is built on some of the latest Azure technologies.
We’re looking for a new engineering leader to join the team to drive engineering excellence across our deployment and engineering pipelines. Continuous integration/continuous deployment (CI/CD) is critically important for a cloud based service – we need to be able to deliver rapid changes and updates to our customers, while ensuring only high quality and secure code is released across our environments. If you can coach and mentor a team of engineers, help them learn and grow, foster in them a culture of inclusion, and lead them to successfully deliver software sprint after sprint then this might be the job for you. Your opportunity for impact on a key Microsoft cloud service is huge.
- Bring clarity, create energy, and drive results – you’ll set a vision, rally the team behind it, and deliver for our customers
- Demonstrate the Microsoft manager attributes of coach, model, and care with the engineers on your team so they all learn, grow, and succeed.
- Plan and prioritize work for your team, including collaborating with partner organizations.
- Create an inclusive environment that attracts and retains high-performing engineers.
- Constantly learn and grow as an engineer and an engineering leader.
- You have a BA, BS, or MS in computer science or a related field, or equivalent experience.
- You have at least 2 years of experience leading a team of engineers by setting clear expectations, keeping team members energized, and delivering great results – it’s preferred that this is as a direct manager, but we also want to talk to those that have led as a recognized technical lead
- You have 10+ years of industry software engineering experience, including delivering highly available cloud-based services
- You are a strong collaborator - you can explain your work, you ask great questions, you listen to your peers and your customers, and you like to give and receive feedback.
- You understand that it’s not enough to write working code. It must also be well-designed, secure, easy to test, easy to monitor in the cloud, and easy to add to over time.
- You are willing to leverage and build on top of the work of others to quickly meet customers’ and engineers’ needs – including adopting standard cloud capabilities and toolsets
- You can meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements that are required for this role. These requirements include but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings: Microsoft Cloud Background Check. This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
- You have experience with deployment technologies used in Azure (i.e. EV2, VSRM) or with other leading external cloud services
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.