|Job Type:||Full Time|
Are you interested in owning a service expected to grow 10x times in the next year or two? Are you interested in working with your team to develop scalable, performant and reliable services that work with highly sensitive data?
The Microsoft Email Orchestrator team is responsible for enabling email communication with millions of customers. Due to the nature of many of these emails, communication needs to happen promptly and reliably. We currently provide emailing services to Azure and are working to onboard other products and services across Microsoft. This is the platform that will serve all Microsoft transactional email communications as we go forward. We are working on rearchitecting portions of the system to enable us to scale to the level required. We also own services to enable us to track and maintain credential information for the clients that we serve.
We are looking for a lead that can help us invest in the areas above, design and own services that exceed customer expectations and manage an mentor a performant team. As part of this work, you’ll have the opportunity ty innovate, have cross-team impact and develop your skills.
We are looking for someone to:
- Design and develop the Microsoft Email Orchestrator services.
- Attract, develop and mentor engineering talent.
- Contribute to establishing best practices and managing the health of existing services.
- Collaborate with partner teams.
- 10+ years of commercial software development.
- Bachelors in CS or related field.
- Great design and problem solving skills, with a strong bias for quality and engineering excellence at scale.
- Big data and services experience.
- Experience with Azure and C#
- Experience collaborating with partner teams to deliver customer scenarios
- Ability to deal with ambiguity
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings: Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings:
- Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to email@example.com