|Job Type:||Full Time|
For every hour doctors spend with their patients, they spend two hours on process and clerical tasks. And when they do meet with patients, they spend most of the time glued to their computer. We areEmpowerMD, aproductteam in Microsoft Healthcare that’s buildingambient intelligence for the clinic. This will let doctors focus on what they do best: taking care of patients.
On our team, you’ll have opportunities to work with the latest research and technologies in engineering, machine learning and NLP, work closely with doctors, and have a huge societal impact. This is AI for good!
As a key member of our multi-disciplinary team, you will:
- DevelopNLP models withstrongproduct impact for text classification, summarization, named entity recognition, and/orrelated NLP tasks, as we extract intelligence from human-to-human clinical dialogues
- Write scripts for data analysis, ETL, and visualization
- Understand and improve data annotation processes
- Communicate and articulate complex issues & technologies
- Bring your curiosity, entrepreneurial spirit, and passion to deliver on the promise of technology in a difficult, competitive, and exciting vertical
- Masters or PhD in Computer Science, Math, Statistics, or related quantitative field or BS with equivalent product experience
- 2+ yearsofexperiencewithNatural Language Processingand/or Machine Learning
- Strong coding skills in one or more of: Python, C/C++, C#, Java, Scala
- Experience with deep learningframeworks likePyTorch,Tensorflow,Kerasand CNTK
- Experience with recent NLP & deep learning advancements, e.g., BERT, transformers, attention, LSTMs, sequence to sequence, etc.
- Experience with natural language generation,text summarization,production ML/NLP pipelines
- Passionate and self-motivated
- Publications in ML/NLP conferences (e.g., ACL, EMNLP, NAACL,NeurIPS, ICML) is a plus
- Experience with Clinical or Biomedical NLP is a plus
- Experience/interest in Healthcare and/or Health technology
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.