Discover. A brighter future.
With Discover, you’ll have the chance to make a difference at one of the world’s leading digital banking and payments companies. From Day 1, you’ll do meaningful work you’re passionate about, with the support and resources you need for success. We value what makes each employee unique and provide a collaborative, team-based culture that gives everyone an opportunity to shine. Be the reason millions of people find a brighter financial future, while building the future you want, here at Discover.
Discover Financial Services:
Discover Financial Services (NYSE: DFS) is a direct banking and payment services company with one of the most recognized brands in U.S. financial services. Since its inception in 1986, the company has become one of the largest card issuers in the United States. The company issues the Discover card, America's cash rewards pioneer, and offers private student loans, personal loans, home equity loans, checking and savings accounts and certificates of deposit through its direct banking business. It operates the Discover Global Network comprised of Discover Network, with millions of merchant and cash access locations; PULSE, one of the nation's leading ATM/debit networks; and Diners Club International, a global payments network with acceptance around the world. For more information, visit www.discover.com/company
At Discover, be part of a culture where diversity, teamwork and collaboration reign. Join a company that is just as employee-focused as it is focused on its customers, and which is consistently awarded for both. We’re all about people and our employees are why Discover is a great place to work. Be the reason we help millions of consumers build a brighter financial future and achieve yours along the way with a rewarding career.
Technology and People First Approach
Discover has embarked on an exciting technology journey led by a new passionate and energized CIO who is looking to elevate our technology organization to be one of “best in class”. Our culture places its people and customers first and embraces a “we succeed together” mentality. With this, we are seeking a variety of results driven executives to continue to drive change across all areas of the technology function.
These leaders will have a strong engineering mindset, a passion for innovation, and the ability to build strong partnerships at all levels across our enterprise. We are looking for individuals to leverage Agile methodology and eliminate redundancies that will allows our teams to strive for excellence. With our expanding technology organization, we are proactively seeking top talent to join our team to help us create an unrivaled customer experience.
The Director of Payment Technology is responsible for driving platform engineering initiatives across Discover’s Enterprise Payments Platform (EPP). EPP is built on a modern stack of technologies and tools using cloud native micro services running in both public and private cloud infrastructures.
The Director will work in conjunction with business leaders to drive innovation of core functionalities across Global Payment Services. This leader will be tasked with understanding product requirements and building actionable roadmaps that will drive a seamless experience across merchant, issuing, and acquiring partners.
- Provide guidance and leadership to the Payment Services business units to support complex technology needs required to deliver best in class core payment or debit application services.
- Partner with product leadership in addition to technology leadership to continuously innovate and advance product roadmap.
- Continuously improve the application delivery practices, processes and tools, driving further adoption of Agile, Continuous Integration/Delivery, DevOps, and Lean IT practices.
- Serve as the subject matter expert in Software Engineering and Management around processes, tools, technology, controls, and monitoring.
- Translate technology challenges and opportunities to key business stakeholders to gain buy-in and determine prioritization.
- Ensure consistent technical solutions and agile methodology adoption throughout the department.
- Provides leadership, coaching, and mentorship to direct reports to foster a culture of excellence and continuous learning.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience required.
- 10+ years of IT banking or payment network experience.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills including written and verbal communication skills, high level of business savvy and ability to operate at and with all levels in the organization.
- Strong IT fundamentals with keen vision towards achieving departmental goals.
What are you waiting for? Apply today!
The same way we treat our employees is how we treat all applicants – with respect. Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer (EEO is the law). We thrive on diversity & inclusion. You will be treated fairly throughout our recruiting process and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status in consideration for a career at Discover.