|Job Type:||Full Time|
Are you passionate about computer security and protecting millions of consumers from cyber threats? Do you consider yourself customer obsessed, and believe you have the skills and drive to help us ensure Microsoft provides the best protection suite for consumers? If so, this team may be the right fit for you! Come and join our PM team and take this unique opportunity to make a difference for our consumers and the security industry.
Microsoft has been making strides in becoming the best protection suite for consumers, but there is still a lot of work to do! Our PM Team oversees product management for Consumer Security. In addition, we also partner with Azure, Office ATP, Edge, and Windows OS Security Platform to protect our users.
We’re looking for an experienced, talented Program Manager that is experience focused, energetic, driven and can easily switch from product management and planning to producing requirements that can be consumed by our engineering team. This role also requires cross-company collaboration and the ideal candidate should have a demonstrated track record of great partner and customer management.
In this role, you will be responsible for driving several of our Consumer Security features and initiatives. You will also need to engage with a wide variety of consumers segments and be able to translate conversations to product scenarios. Many of our scenarios span across multiple teams, so you’ll need to drive initiatives across many internal stakeholders and groups. In addition, you will need:
- A good understanding of the consumer security industry, market and trends that are key to success in this role.
- Should be able to clearly understand and articulate threat landscape, consumer scenarios and the associated engineering requirements.
- Be able to translate the big picture into detailed and effective functional requirements.
- Be able to tell a story, clearly present your ideas and obtain feedback from peers and partners.
- Maintain a continuous engagement with key partners to deliver on consumer needs.
- Engage with partners and the field to obtain feedback and help unblock sales.
- Scope your scenarios, contribute to testing your product features and execute E2E through release
- Have a keen eye and deep interest in the user experience and be able to demonstrate a history of experience based optimizations, A/B testing and experience based experimentation
- Cross platform experience delivering end user solutions across Desktop and Mobile
- Oversee product or features released and review key metrics (e.g. Adoption, False Positives, key funnels, etc.).
We take pride in being a diverse and inclusive team, and we expect that you’ll join us on this mission
- 5+ years of product management (or) other design (or) engineering leadership experience
- Bachelors Degree or higher in Computer Science or other related technical discipline
- Experience delivering prior consumer and / or security products/scenarios
- Good understanding of security industry, consumer environments, network and desktop operating systems
- Experience with security products and/or application of Artificial Intelligence (AI) / Machine Learning(ML) technologies
- Experience with operating systems fundamentals and internals
- Consistently practices strong organizational, communication, project management, negotiation, and problem solving skills
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.