|Job Type:||Full Time|
Be a part of the digital transformation revolution! The Internet of Things (IoT) is changing the business landscape and Microsoft has emerged as a leading innovator in this field. The Azure IoT platform team is an open, fun, and diverse team that builds and operates platform that provides secure, bi-directional communication between IoT applications and the devices it manages. It allows customers to aggregate and store data from millions of devices and analyze the data. Customers are using the Azure IoT platform capabilities to build scalable, fully featured IoT solutions such as managing industrial equipment used in manufacturing, tracking valuable assets in healthcare, and monitoring office building usage.
We are looking for experienced and highly skilled software engineers to help drive implementation of Azure IoT backend services to solve IoT challenges at a massive scale. You would work on delivering services to meet and exceed the performance, availability, and reliability expectations of Azure customers. Your services will have high standards and be highly available, seamlessly scale under load and provide consistent performance. You will be empowered to think differently about challenging problems and expected to distill ambiguity, complexity, and competing requirements to deliver innovative solutions.
Job Responsibilities include:
- Design, build, and deploy systems to improve performance, security, and scale
- Write high quality distributed systems software
- Mentor and develop junior software engineers on the team
- Drive software engineering best practices to ensure the quality of team deliverables
- 8+ years of experience in software development
- Experience building systems in C, C++, C#, Java or Rust
- Solid CS fundamentals, fluent in multi-threaded programming and distributed system architecture
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer science or related field
- Experience building and operating cloud-based mission critical software
- Experience working on identity and access management systems
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Azure experience a big plus
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings: Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.