|Job Type:||Full Time|
Are you passionate about cloud computing, large scale distributed systems engineering problems and working on bleeding edge technology at massive scale?
The Microsoft Azure Storage Engineering team is looking for a Principal Program Manager to work on future generations of hardware programs. This is a unique and highly visible role with major scope that will require a combination technical acumen and business analysis to identify and operationalize new server and storage technologies as part of future Microsoft Azure platforms. You will be responsible for understanding requirements, identifying new technologies, steering the industry to meet Microsoft’s needs, analyzing business opportunities, and working across teams to formalize plans. You will have the opportunity to recommend business investments in a range of technical areas, integrate with multiple partner teams inside Microsoft Azure as well as across the company.
- 8+ years of professional experience with both technical & business leadership on high-impact programs
- BS or higher in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or other related technical disciplines
- MS or PHD in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or other related technical disciplines
- Deep understanding of servers, storage, networking and associated technologies/trends
- Strong analytical skills and pragmatic technical judgment to assess and make the right decisions
- Experience presenting plans and building consensus with senior technical leaders
- Collaboration skills with the ability to influence and drive change across groups
- This position may require travel inside the United States and internationally as needed.
- Ideal candidates should feel comfortable operating with large amounts of reasonability and autonomy.
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings:
- Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud Background Check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.