|Job Type:||Full Time|
At TE, you will unleash your potential working with people from diverse backgrounds and industries to create a safer, sustainable and more connected world.
The Industrial & Commercial Transportation (ICT) business unit of TE Connectivity has an Engineering opportunity at the Tullahoma Tennessee Plant. This position will report to the Plant Quality Manager.
The Engineer will have a key role responsible for delivering a broad range of quality engineering KPI’s in support of ongoing operations at the facility. These activities include: Development of Process Validation Plans, Structured Problem Solving utilizing ShaininTM methods, ISO/TS Quality Systems compliance, Quality Improvement project involvement, Quality Systems and Metrics Reporting. The candidate will be responsible for presenting topics to all levels of the organization.
This position’s focus will be on technical problem solving projects within the plant. Remaining responsibilities are tied to Core Quality Engineering activities.
- Technical Problem Solving (TPS):
o TPS Project time will be 50%-60% based on needs and issues as they develop
o Drive organization with a managed approach to resolve the top technical issues through a RT5TM
o Position will require the individual to lead weekly meetings to drive technical problem solving issues that align to top quality issues
o Position will require significant growth in position to Master Level
o Six Sigma projects will be managed by this position in addition to the Shainin Projects
o Interface with customers on issues pertaining to quality; drive effective problem solving and resolution of customer issues.
o Drive effective and thorough containment activities, permanent corrective actions, and lessons learned disciplines throughout the plant.
o Lead responsibility for ensuring Corrective Action updates are included in PFMEA, control plans, and other related quality documentation.
o Prepare and report TPS Metrics.
- Core Quality Engineering:
o Monitor and maintain key metric of response times for corrective actions. Lead improvement activities to drive down response times.
o Lead quality role in daily fast response boards and assign problems to TPS or other core function and methods.
o Support responsibility for championing the “voice of the customer” in product quality and problem solving.
o Provide leadership in meeting aggressive site quality goals, such as PPM, cost of poor quality, customer complaints and intercompany complaints.
o Assist in activities related to ISO/TS 16949 certification.
- Experience in Structured Problem Solving, ShaininTM Certified Journeyman a plus.
- Technical degree preferred.
- Proficient at Excel and PowerPoint.
- Read and understand engineering drawings and specifications.
- Minimum of 5 years of Quality experience.
- Strong working knowledge of Process Flow, FMEA, Control Plan, PPAP, MSA, GR&R, and LPA.
- Experience in problem solving tools: 8D, 5 why, Pareto Principles and data analysis.
- Statistical Process Control (SPC) and SPC software knowledge.
- Ability to effectively communicate with production associates and all teams at the plant and outside support functions such as development and product engineering.
- Develop, train, and motivate employees engaged in quality activities.
- Ability to respond to changes in the work environment.
- Demonstrated managerial courage; self-confident and able to act as role model.
- Ability to deal effectively with difficult issues or conflicts when they arise.
- Strength in driving creative ideas to realization.
- Has good judgment about which creative ideas and suggestions will work.
- Has a sense about managing the creative process of others.
- Relates well to all levels of the organization: Sr. Leadership to Entry Level employees both inside and outside the organization.
- Builds appropriate rapport and effective relationships.
- Uses diplomacy and tact and can diffuse even high-tension situations comfortably.
- Doesn't hold back anything that needs to be said; provides current, direct, complete, and "actionable" positive and corrective feedback to others.
- Provides appropriate feedback to let people know where they stand; faces up to people problems on any person or situation, quickly and directly.
Building Effective Teams:
- Blends people into teams when needed; creates strong morale and spirit in his/her team.
- Shares wins and successes.
- Fosters open dialogue; defines success in terms of the whole team; creates a feeling of belonging in the team.
About TE Connectivity
TE Connectivity is a $13 billion global industrial technology leader creating a safer, sustainable, productive, and connected future. Our broad range of connectivity and sensor solutions, proven in the harshest environments, enable advancements in transportation, industrial applications, medical technology, energy, data communications, and the home. With nearly 80,000 employees, including more than 8,000 engineers, working alongside customers in approximately 150 countries, TE ensures that EVERY CONNECTION COUNTS. Learn more at www.te.com and on LinkedIn, Facebook, WeChat and Twitter.
What TE Connectivity offers:
We offer competitive total rewards compensation. Our commitment to our associates includes offering benefit programs that are comprehensive, competitive and will meet the needs of our associates.
- Generous 401(k) Plan
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Benefits start on day one
- Charity Donation Matching Program
- Competitive Paid Time Off
- Employee Resource Groups
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Healthcare for Associates and Families
- Health and Wellness Incentives
- Life Insurance and Disability Protection
Throughout our Global reach and various Business Units, we take a balanced approach to the benefits we provide. Many benefits are company-paid, while others are available through associate contribution. Specific benefit offerings can vary by location.