Discover. A brighter future.
With Discover, you’ll have the chance to make a difference at one of the world’s leading digital banking and payments companies. From Day 1, you’ll do meaningful work you’re passionate about, with the support and resources you need for success. We value what makes each employee unique and provide a collaborative, team-based culture that gives everyone an opportunity to shine. Be the reason millions of people find a brighter financial future, while building the future you want, here at Discover.
Discover Financial Services is a direct banking and payment services company with one of the most recognized brands in U.S. financial services. Since its inception in 1986, the company has become one of the largest card issuers in the United States. The company issues the Discover card, America's cash rewards pioneer, and offers private student loans, personal loans, home equity loans, checking and savings accounts and certificates of deposit through its direct banking business. It operates the Discover Global Network comprised of Discover Network, with millions of merchant and cash access locations; PULSE, one of the nation's leading ATM/debit networks; and Diners Club International, a global payments network with acceptance in 190 countries and territories.
Discover’s vision is to be the leading direct bank and payments partner and its mission is to help people spend smarter, manage debt better and save more so they achieve a brighter financial future.
At Discover, be part of a culture where diversity, teamwork and collaboration reign. Join a company that is just as employee-focused as it is on its customers, and which is consistently awarded for both. We’re all about people and our employees are why Discover is a great place to work. Be the reason we help millions of consumers build a brighter financial future and achieve yours along the way with a rewarding career.
Technology and People First Approach
Discover has embarked on an exciting technology journey led by a new passionate and energized CIO who is looking to elevate our technology organization to be one of “best in class”. Our culture places its people and customers first and embraces a “we succeed together” mentality. With this, we are seeking a variety of results driven executives to continue to drive change across all areas of the technology function.
These leaders will have a strong engineering mindset, a passion for innovation, and the ability to build strong partnerships at all levels across our enterprise. We are looking for individuals to leverage Agile methodology and eliminate redundancies that will allows our teams to strive for excellence. With our expanding technology organization, we are proactively seeking top talent to join our team to help us create an unrivaled customer experience.
Our Infrastructure team is seeking a Director to oversee the vision, roadmap, budget and delivery of solutions utilized by Discover’s Business Technology Teams to build solutions that meet Customer needs. This leader will oversee multiple initiatives related to product strategies designed to modernize our systems and push the limits of technology improvements and innovations.
This individual will work with technology leadership to leverage trends that can create business value, identify opportunities for automation and service quality improvement. In addition, the Director will build and maintain a highly effective Product Leadership team to foster a culture of innovation and curiosity.
- Provide technical leadership while developing and maintaining relationships with numerous leaders across Business Technology.
- Develop multi-year roadmaps, provide the vision and work with individual architects to translate strategies into tactical engineering blue prints.
- Be domain expert with stakeholders, partners and customers to ensure solutions implemented meet both current and future needs.
- Ensure consistency of product management and agile methodology, sharing common practices and challenges across all Product Teams.
- Present to C-Suite leaders and technical decision makers while providing appropriate thought leadership and creative insights when needed.
- Lead the research and evaluation of emerging technology, industry and market trends to assist in solution implementation and/or operational support across multiple teams.
- Provide technical leadership while developing and maintaining relationships with Product Managers, Solution Engineers and Technical Architects.
- Optimize the infrastructure talent strategy to ensure proper mix of resources and to attract and recruit the industry’s best talent.
- Bachelor’s degree required
- 10+ years of relevant technology experience
- 3+ years of experience working with cloud and data capabilities
- Demonstrated ability to design, develop and maintain creative solutions to complex software, engineering, and application problems
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Master’s degree.
- Financial Service industry experience.
- Experience in developing high volume transaction processing solutions that can be scaled.
- Experience with software development, cloud computing services and infrastructure application development platforms and contemporary programming languages work, systems, or design.
What are you waiting for? Apply today!
The same way we treat our employees is how we treat all applicants – with respect. Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer (EEO is the law). We thrive on diversity & inclusion. You will be treated fairly throughout our recruiting process and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status in consideration for a career at Discover.