Discover. A brighter future.
With Discover, you’ll have the chance to make a difference at one of the world’s leading digital banking and payments companies. From Day 1, you’ll do meaningful work you’re passionate about, with the support and resources you need for success. We value what makes each employee unique and provide a collaborative, team-based culture that gives everyone an opportunity to shine. Be the reason millions of people find a brighter financial future, while building the future you want, here at Discover.
Discover Financial Services is a direct banking and payment services company with one of the most recognized brands in U.S. financial services. Since its inception in 1986, the company has become one of the largest card issuers in the United States. The company issues the Discover card, America's cash rewards pioneer, and offers private student loans, personal loans, home equity loans, checking and savings accounts and certificates of deposit through its direct banking business. It operates the Discover Global Network comprised of Discover Network, with millions of merchant and cash access locations; PULSE, one of the nation's leading ATM/debit networks; and Diners Club International, a global payments network with acceptance in 190 countries and territories.
Discover’s vision is to be the leading direct bank and payments partner and its mission is to help people spend smarter, manage debt better and save more so they achieve a brighter financial future.
At Discover, be part of a culture where diversity, teamwork and collaboration reign. Join a company that is just as employee-focused as it is on its customers, and which is consistently awarded for both. We’re all about people and our employees are why Discover is a great place to work. Be the reason we help millions of consumers build a brighter financial future and achieve yours along the way with a rewarding career.
Technology and People First Approach
Discover has embarked on an exciting technology journey led by a new passionate and energized CIO who is looking to elevate our technology organization to be one of “best in class”. Our culture places its people and customers first and embraces a “we succeed together” mentality. With this, we are seeking a variety of results driven executives to continue to drive change across all areas of the technology function.
These leaders will have a strong engineering mindset, a passion for innovation, and the ability to build strong partnerships at all levels across our enterprise. We are looking for individuals to leverage Agile methodology and eliminate redundancies that will allows our teams to strive for excellence. With our expanding technology organization, we are proactively seeking top talent to join our team to help us create an unrivaled customer experience.
As Director, Data Strategy at Discover, you will serve as a data expert. You will have the responsibility to define and develop a data strategy for Discover, in partnership with the Advanced Analytics Platform Organization and our business partners across the organization.
You will engage with senior leadership across Discover, both within Technology and Business to understand their data needs and help them understand the role of data as part of our overall strategy. You will understand, define and describe why data is a key enterprise asset and how it can drive efficiencies and innovation.
- Your leadership capabilities will keep our Business Technology vision and core principles as a top priority. These guiding principles and our vision allow us to turn reliability into a competitive advantage, deliver simplicity through agile ways of working; eliminating dependencies. We celebrate craftsmanship in our engineering workforce. We support employees with disciplined and responsive experiences. We are safe and fast through extreme DevSecOps automation.
- As a thought leader, you will utilize data, information and analytics, with the belief that data is the lifeblood of modern organizations and can be leveraged as a strategic advantage by businesses.
- You will support the development of a prescriptive data asset strategy in collaboration with the Data Architecture team to ensure realization of benefits and serve as an input to the data platform strategy.
- As a Director, Data Strategy, you will champion and influence data strategy adoption across lines of businesses and geographies. You will advance emerging data product features for artificial intelligence, machine learning and advance analytics in partnership with various analytics and technology groups.
- Master’s degree in Information Systems Management or related field
- Knowledge of data technology products and components for Big Data and Cloud (AWS, Data Lakes, and similar).
- Experience developing and executing on data management strategy of external/third party data sets
- Experience supporting integrated data system designs, with near-real time data processing.
- Experience working in Financial Services Industry
What are you waiting for? Apply today!
The same way we treat our employees is how we treat all applicants – with respect. Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer (EEO is the law). We thrive on diversity & inclusion. You will be treated fairly throughout our recruiting process and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status in consideration for a career at Discover.