Discover. A brighter future.
With Discover, you’ll have the chance to make a difference at one of the world’s leading digital banking and payments companies. From Day 1, you’ll do meaningful work you’re passionate about, with the support and resources you need for success. We value what makes each employee unique and provide a collaborative, team-based culture that gives everyone an opportunity to shine. Be the reason millions of people find a brighter financial future, while building the future you want, here at Discover.
Discover Financial Services is a direct banking and payment services company with one of the most recognized brands in U.S. financial services. Since its inception in 1986, the company has become one of the largest card issuers in the United States. The company issues the Discover card, America's cash rewards pioneer, and offers private student loans, personal loans, home equity loans, checking and savings accounts and certificates of deposit through its direct banking business. It operates the Discover Global Network comprised of Discover Network, with millions of merchant and cash access locations; PULSE, one of the nation's leading ATM/debit networks; and Diners Club International, a global payments network with acceptance in 190 countries and territories.
Discover’s vision is to be the leading direct bank and payments partner and its mission is to help people spend smarter, manage debt better and save more so they achieve a brighter financial future.
At Discover, be part of a culture where diversity, teamwork and collaboration reign. Join a company that is just as employee-focused as it is on its customers, and which is consistently awarded for both. We’re all about people and our employees are why Discover is a great place to work. Be the reason we help millions of consumers build a brighter financial future and achieve yours along the way with a rewarding career.
Technology and People First Approach
Discover has embarked on an exciting technology journey led by a new passionate and energized CIO who is looking to elevate our technology organization to be one of “best in class”. Our culture places its people and customers first and embraces a “we succeed together” mentality. With this, we are seeking a variety of results driven executives to continue to drive change across all areas of the technology function.
These leaders will have a strong engineering mindset, a passion for innovation, and the ability to build strong partnerships at all levels across our enterprise. We are looking for individuals to leverage Agile methodology and eliminate redundancies that will allows our teams to strive for excellence. With our expanding technology organization, we are proactively seeking top talent to join our team to help us create an unrivaled customer experience.
The Vice President of Data Management will be responsible for engaging with senior leadership within technology and across Discover to understand data needs and deliver best-in-class solutions to drive business results. This executive will create multi-year road maps that leverage cloud based technology platforms to rethink and improve how we use data to support our clients and customers.
This leader will establish clear and practical data practices for project implementations and create standardized approaches to data intake and processing while supporting flexibility of businesses. In addition, we are seeking an executive to lead a high-performing team focused on continuous improvement and challenging the status quo.
- Partner with leadership across the enterprise to understand and manage data needs and develop the vision and roadmap to provide innovative solutions
- Create and deliver next generation capabilities around analysis, reporting, data engineering and business intelligence tools.
- Build a modern data environment focused on delivering information to the business and leveraging sound governance, tools, and technology.
- Partner with business stakeholders and IT while serving as a trusted advisor on new trends and best practices for data management.
- Manage and control costs associated with collecting, managing and sharing data while growing the value of the data organization.
- Advance emerging data product features for artificial intelligence, machine learning and advance analytics in partnership with various analytics and technology groups.
- Lead, manage, and mentor a talented team of data professionals while driving towards a proactive stance as we build best-in-class data assets across key data domains.
- Attract, recruit and lead the industry’s best talent and simultaneously have the technical chops to ensure we are developing the appropriate data assets based on the highest value business use cases.
- Bachelor’s Degree.
- 15+ years’ of experience as a technologist, ideally with specialization in data engineering, platform engineering, solution architecture.
- 10+ years’ experience with analytics, business intelligence, and/or data science.
- Proven ability to set enterprise level data capabilities, applying an in-depth understanding of the business strategy while enabling adoption of enterprise assets.
- Proven ability to coach, mentor and lead teams to success.
- Strong communication and presentation skills.
- Master's Degree or PhD.
- Financial Service industry experience.
- Proven ability to champion an idea and bring a group to consensus.
- 5+ years of Agile engineering experience.
- 5+ years of experience with Cloud computing.
- Consulting or product background.
What are you waiting for? Apply today!
The same way we treat our employees is how we treat all applicants – with respect. Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer (EEO is the law). We thrive on diversity & inclusion. You will be treated fairly throughout our recruiting process and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status in consideration for a career at Discover.