|Location:||Austin, Texas, Bellevue, Washington|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
Microsoft’s mission is to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. The Device Partner Sales (DPS) team plays a critical role in achieving this mission. We’re positioned right at the intersection of customers, hardware partners and channel partners. We work closely with our external ecosystem and internal business groups to deliver amazing customer experiences powered by Microsoft Windows, Office, along with Azure, Azure Stack and Windows Server.
Opportunities in DPS are expansive because we span the entire product lifecycle - from incubation, prototyping and portfolio planning to the design-in, sell-in and sell-through motions that touch both consumers and commercial business customers. We’re also driving innovative solutions and services with our partners to help companies with their digital transformations. All of this wraps up under our special charter of working with partners to build and sell Intelligent Edge devices and solutions that empower everyone to achieve more.
As a member of our team, you’ll be part of growing a multi-billion-dollar business and charting new areas of innovation. If that appeals to you, it’s an exciting time to be in DPS and the Global Partner Solutions business at Microsoft.
The Device Partner Sales (DPS) organization works with ecosystem partners to build, market and sell a winning portfolio of devices that delights customers and earns fans around the world. The Channel Sales Manager drives regional strategy and partner engagement with one of our top multi-national (MNA) OEM partners. The DPS Channel Sales Manager leads a team of channel executives to help accelerate sales of devices with preinstalled Windows in consumer and commercial, the attach of Microsoft software + services, and Windows Server; comprised of standard, Data Center and Hybrid Cloud offering’s.
The Dell Channel Sales Manager will be in charge of managing our business with Dell for the Americas region with the following primary responsibilities:
- Driving the end to end relationship with the partner leveraging the account management process, marketing investments to land the local execution from device assortment and local portfolio, through to the attach of Microsoft software and cloud services.
- Lead a team of channel executives for the Americas region while executing our model, coach, and care framework to deliver high impact outcomes across each busines area.
- Execute to achieve revenue, Scorecard metrics, Dell account KPIs, and transformational indicators.
- Drive regional activities with Dell (e.g. Windows, Office, Server, new categories). Build joint strategic framework, tactical, measurable sales and marketing plans that increase partner satisfaction and profitability. Develop GTM across Consumer and Commercial, through a solid account plan for each country, aligned with DPS, ensuring the sales and marketing plans have the right ROI. Partner with account marketing and local category and device marketing teams to build country marketing plans. Track progress of actual results of marketing campaigns and investments, reporting on ROI and following sell thru plans.
- Partner with Dell and CDS field to define local strategies to grow SR business across Windows Consumer, pro, edu, office and CSP attach and Server OS attach through optimized Sales & Marketing programs and engagement with Microsoft category leaders
- Build trusted advisor relationships with Dell through a deep understanding of the partner's local strategy and business imperatives. Share expert knowledge of MSFT strategies in a simplified manner to the partner.
- Connect Dell to MSFT executives (DPSS Dell Lead, DPSS Device Sales Leads, GPS Leads, Country GM) where needed and advocate for Dell internally through a strong understanding of MSFT’s internal political and organizational landscapes. Facilitate Local Devices Reviews, to check device roadmaps and opportunity pipeline. Maintain a deep knowledge of the devices, software, channel and end customer, as well as industry and market trends to share with Dell.
- Develop, review and track progress against Conditions of Satisfaction (COS) with Dell to evaluate the health of the relationship. Continue to add value, be relevant, gain credibility to further enhance trusted advisor status. Monitor partner satisfaction (CPE).
- Drive business transformation. Build out and refine key strategies including CSP growth plans, datacenter and HCI growth, and execute education offerings to compete with Apple and Chrome. Ensure partner ease of deployment and profitability is at the core of all transformational plans.
- Secure rich insights from key business partners – IDC, Context, GFK, Intel, and local insights – to ensure latest trens are understood and business plans are adapeted to capitalize on new opportunities.
- Deep contribution to overall Dell WW account team. Lead the prep and delivery of monthly business reviews, share insights, key updates and recommendations to make the overall business successful. Share proven best practices with other Dell regions and DPS, and always take a One Microsoft approach.
(25%) Successful Partnership
- Foster mutually beneficial partner relationships, becoming a trusted advisor to your partner
- Establish a rhythm of business to stay informed on your partner’s local strategy, business imperatives, and intended investments
- Share expert knowledge of Microsoft’s priorities, programs and device selling strategies, driving alignment between partner and Microsoft
- Promote local activities with your partner, facilitating engagement between partner and local Microsoft leadership teams
- Proactively review and track progress of partner’s satisfaction to evaluate the health of the relationship
(35%) Sales Operational Excellence
- Work with your partners to develop a successful go-to-market strategy, creating effective account plans
- Build and create a community within the extended Dell account team
- Build joint strategic frameworks and collaborate account marketing and category marketing teams to drive plans and achieve objectives
- Track progress of marketing campaigns and investments, reporting on ROI and following Sell Thru plans
- Leverage internal competitive intelligence to help partner identify gaps and emerging trends
- Provide feedback to Corp and Regional teams, sharing local updates, and managing and escalating roadblocks.
(20%) Portfolio, Program, and Pipeline Management
- Work with your partner to build a healthy pipeline for selling Microsoft services in conjunction with Windows devices
- Orchestrate relevant internal resources to drive maximum coverage on key opportunities and strategies
- Accurate forecast at the beginning of each quarter
- Promote external execution across MNA and Channel to drive net new sales
- Develop subject matter expertise about partner’s device roadmap and local portfolio
- Improve Windows device ecosystem health and maximize portfolio planning, by overseeing gaps between supply and demand
- Proactively monitor pricing gaps and share intelligence to enable early OEM device planning
(20%) People & Culture: Diverse & inclusive teams, high performing within a unique team charter
- Create the clarity needed within the team to execute against the FY21 priorities with precision & fidelity
- Transform our people through Challenger Selling techniques & improve product & program readiness to execute
- Embrace & role model the diversity & inclusion leadership principles, enable listening mechanisms to maintain LEI, WHI
- Ensure all Microsoft resources involved deliver on accountabilities
- Manage a team of direct report ensuring high impact plans, and excellent career growth is established.
Experiences Required: Education, Key Experiences, Skills and Knowledge:
- 10-year Sales professional with a proven track record in establishing and managing business partnerships between OEM, Distributors and Previous experience in devices sales and services with knowledge in marketing strategy and channel distribution.
- Experience working with multi-cultural teams. The ideal candidate will have demonstrated success as a virtual team leader. This includes proven ability to impact and influence without authority.
- Aptitude for strategic planning, budget and project management, as well as tactical execution driving complex regional projects.
- The ideal candidate will have a four-year college degree, Business or Engineering disciplines preferred, and extensive direct sales or partner management experience in the IT or consumer electronics industries.
- Excellent oral and written communication, with capablility of delivering effective executive presentations.
- Strong sales, customer service, negotiation and objection handling. Ability to develop accurate business forecasts and plans.
- Burning desire to compete and win, with passion for technology and devices.
- High sense of urgency and ability to prioritize and work under tight deadlines, managing multiple projects and assignments simultaneously.
- Diplomacy and comfort managing complex Partner conversations; ability to hold the Partner accountable in an open and respectful manner.
- Executive maturity to develop strong relationships at multiple management levels across Microsoft and Partner.
- Sales leadership & business excellence, driving results and growth through core performance and business transformation
- Thought leader to rally internal & external constituents around MS Worldview, creates clarity, explains thoroughly, simplifies the complex to mobilize teams & partners
- Change agent & serve as role model through trust & transparency, ability to build high performing team, high levels of empathy, demonstrate strong listening skills, selfless mindset, resilient & self-motivated
- Being Brave, prepared to fail, willing to show vulnerability, able to look beyond personal bias; create/hire a diverse team; foster an inclusive working environment using the ten inclusive behaviours
- Coaching for retention, development & business growth mindset, able to deliver tough news to partners & employees, while delivering a positive outcome.
Critical future “game changers”:
- Growth mindset, creative, hunt for & ideate on new Device + Services opportunities to achieve impact
- Model & coach Challenger, Learner mindset, understands the competition, market disrupters, and technology disrupters
- Elevated & integrated picture of technology & process & Intelligent Edge & Intelligent Cloud Storytelling
Proven Track record:
- Ability to influence for impact in a highly matrixed organization
- Establish & maintain effective internal & external partnerships/networks
- Sell In & Sell Thru Partner ecosystem experience
- Strategic business planning, analysis & insight, ability to learn/ramp fast to achieve impact
Special Requirements/Additional Information:
- Estimated travel: 25-50%
- Position must be co-located within partner timezone/region
BS/BA degree is required. MBA preferred.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.