|Job Type:||Full Time|
Microsoft is on a mission to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. Our culture is centered on embracing a growth mindset, a theme of inspiring excellence, and encouraging teams and leaders to bring their best each day.
Microsoft Federal is a new and exciting organization serving the U.S. Government (USG), offering our full spectrum of products and services, including hardware, software, online products, and consulting and services. As our federal customers pursue their work, from defending the nation, to serving its citizens in challenging times, they look to Microsoft to help them innovate, and they expect end-to-end engagement tailored to their needs. This new organization delivers a single unified entity centered around our customer.
The Microsoft Federal Finance Team will focus on all end-to-end Finance and Accounting activities for the organization including FP&A, Controllership and Procurement functions. The team will focus on analyzing performance, driving sustainable growth and meeting the demands of our customers in the Federal space.
The MS Federal Finance Team is looking for a highly motivated, collaborative individual to join the Controllership function as a GL & Accounting Manager.
To be successful in this key role, you will need to have superb Finance and Accounting knowledge and experience working in Financial Systems to achieve timely and accurate results. The individual suited for this role should have a strong understanding of US GAAP and the Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR). They will also be responsible for adhering to Microsoft’s accounting policy and procedures to ensure effectiveness of the close process.
The ideal candidate should understand the criticality of compliance to Microsoft's success and have experience managing accounting results for large, complex and publically traded organizations. This individual should be organized, self-motivated, have a strong attention to detail and robust communication skills to succeed in this role.
Join us and be a part of the team helping to empower the US government!
- Owns and manages the monthly close and trial balance feed to Corporate for consolidation purposes
- Reviews journal entries, account reconciliations, postings and other accounting-related work, proactively working through anomalies, while meeting business partner and corporate deadlines
- Investigates and resolves business partner inquiries, accounting deviations and other data anomalies in a timely manner
- Performs critical reconciliation procedures to align monthly trial balance with Corporate books
- Manages automated and manual entries to the General Ledger and supports journal entry management and automation efforts
- Maintains Corporate Accounting policies within the financial system and performs key reviews and approvals of journal entries to ensure segregation of duties
- Champions the continuous improvement mindset in the close process by identifying bottlenecks and tracking improvement opportunities
- Serves as the steward of financial master data within the segregated ERP systems and a liaison of financial master data creation, usage and retirement (e.g., Chart of Accounts, Profit/Cost Centers, etc) working closely with the Financial Controller and Finance Systems Teams
- Interfaces with MS Treasury and Tax on data requirements for reporting purposes
- Performs key reviews and approvals for balance sheet reconciliations to ensure all entries are accurate and that transactions are reported in accordance with accounting and government regulations
- 6+ years of consolidated and external financial reporting experience required
- Government Contractor experience; Familiarity with the Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR)
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited Accounting program; CPA or equivalent certification
- Proficiency and experience working in Financial Systems (e.g., SAP S/4, Dassian)
- Experience working in the Technology industry (e.g., software, cloud providers) is a plus
- Excellent cross functional collaboration skills
- Excellent organization skills and demonstrated problem solving abilities
- Excellent ability to multitask and manage competing priorities
- Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
-The successful candidate must be a U.S. Citizen.
-Citizenship Verification: This position requires verification of US Citizenship to meet federal government security requirements.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.