|Job Type:||Full Time|
Do you have a passion for keeping people and data safe on the web? Enjoy growing and mentoring a team of talented program managers? Feel energized by approaching problems from multiple angles -- wallowing in deep technical problems, empathizing with user needs and concerns, thinking through major business and strategic initiatives?
The Microsoft Edge Security team is responsible for protecting our users and enterprise customers from attack and data loss. Our work includes securing our client and service code, designing and driving secure design processes and effective security response procedures, and designing and validating innovative consumer and enterprise security features to protect users and data from attacks, and ultimately keep users feeling safe on the web.
Keeping users and data safe on the web is our mantra and we set no boundaries in achieving that goal.
In this role, you will lead the Security Program Management team, working with several strong and motivated teams of engineers to define and execute on our vision of a secure web for all users.
We are in a period of rare opportunity. In January, we released the first stable version of the new Microsoft Edge team rebuilt around the Chromium open source project. The browser space is ripe for innovation and has renewed emphasis and support from Microsoft leadership. We have built a foundation that has been well received and now it’s time to seize that opportunity and build a better and more secure web.
Come join us and help build an amazing team and an amazing product.
Find out more about what the team is up to on our blog: https://blogs.windows.com/msedgedev/ or on twitter @msedgedev.
As the lead for the Edge Security PM team, your responsibilities will include:
- Strategic Leadership
- Team leadership
- Partner with Engineering
- Engage the Security community
The ideal candidate will demonstrate
- Planning and Execution: Ability to think holistically and strategically. Leverage understanding of engineering rhythm so that the team operates at a high level, knowledge is shared appropriately, and decision making happens at the right levels on the team. Proven ability to plan, organize, and manage complex technical products.
- Communication: Able to conduct insightful, multi-faceted conversations with senior product and technical decision makers inside and outside Microsoft. Conceptualize complex ideas quickly and convey those thoughts to others in a clear, effective and motivating manner.
- Collaboration: Experienced collaborator able to work effectively across broad teams and influence stakeholders of all levels and of all disciplines across Microsoft.
- Cultural Leadership: Proven ability to lead cultural initiatives, having positive impact on team morale and fostering an environment of inclusion.
- Microsoft Values: As a senior member of the Edge Product Team, candidates must be excellent representatives of the Microsoft cultural attributes and leadership principles.
- Judgement: Excellent product and technical judgment. Consistently demonstrating maturity and intellectual curiosity, helping the team pursue the best ideas.
- 8+ years of related program management / technical product management experience
- 3+ years of people management experience, or relevant experience demonstrating readiness to step up into a people management role.
- Strong project management and people management skills
- Track record of building high functioning teams, including recruiting and retaining diverse talent
- Proven competency in product leadership, organizational agility, cross-team collaboration, drive for results, and written and verbal communications
- Experience building software products with diverse engineering teams and stakeholders.
- Extensive and relevant experience with software security is a plus, but not a requirement.
Okay, is all this stuff about qualifications and experience giving you pause? Just reach out anyway! You read this far, didn’t you? We want great people and we know they won’t always meet precise definitions.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.