|Location:||Charlotte, North Carolina, Irving, Texas|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
As a FastTrack Teams Engineer, your focus is supporting customers and partners deploying Microsoft Teams as they transition from products like Skype for Business, Skype for Business Online, and other technologies. This transition will touch technologies including identity, networking, security, and telephony. You will represent Microsoft in communications via phone, email, and web. As part of the FastTrack Team, you will have the opportunity to work with a high performing team to foster positive customer relationships while effectively managing challenging situations and driving customer success.
Your key business metrics will be to:
- Obtain high customer and partner onboarding satisfaction
- Drive customer success and adoption of all purchased workloads
- Reduce time/cost to onboard
- Provide high quality data back to the product teams to help drive service improvement
- Reduce reactive support incidents
- Assessing customer environments, networks, and software to identify the actions needed for a smooth and efficient cloud onboarding and migration (where applicable).
- Leading with an identity driven security approach based on Microsoft best practices.
- Defining and executing a remediation plan together with the customer’s IT staff.
- Enablement of the M365 services and delivering governance best practices
- Ensuring all migration prerequisites are satisfied in a timely manner to guarantee a successful velocity migration
- Identifying and recommending Microsoft value add services to remediate technical blockers or avoid future incidents
- Serving as technical advisers and owning the resolution of issues that arise during the onboarding phases.
- Maintaining a strong working & technical knowledge of the M365 services, taking ownership for driving service improvements
- Cultivating and sharing knowledge proactively with others through communities, solution documents, and social media to drive strong collaboration across the FTC.
- Capturing engagement data, customer health, and communicating process and technology improvement feedback.
- Representing the Voice of the Customer leveraging current toolsets.
- At least 2 years of experience in a customer facing or customer support role with troubleshooting and problem-solving experience in a team environment.
- At least 2 years of technical experience deploying, administrating, and/or supporting any of the following: Teams, Skype for Business Online, Telephony (Inbound Voice Routing, Call Queues, Number porting),Unified Communications solutions that include VoIP, IM, real-time communications, UM, such as OCS/Lync/Skype for Business/Teams, Jabber, Exchange, Zoom,Cisco WebEX or related.
- Expert Experience in Teams and Skype for Business Online.
- Experience and understanding of Session Border Controllers a plus.
- Experience with hard phones and room systems a plus.
- Implementation and management of Teams and Skype for Business Online.
- User Policy Application and usage.
- Experience on working with Telephony(Inbound Voice Routing, Call Queues, Number porting) a plus.
- Experience with migration between Unified communication environments.
- Experience Troubleshooting Skype for Business Online related issues.
- Office 365 and related technologies, including core infrastructure, Active Directory, Exchange, SharePoint and Teams.
- Previous experience deploying, administrating and/or supporting Enterprise Unified Communications solutions that include VoIP, IM, real-time communications, UM, such as OCS/Lync/Skype for Business/Teams, Jabber, Exchange, Zoom, or Cisco WebEX is highly desired but not required.
- Ability to analyze and interpret data captures and trace logs to resolve customer issues in production environments specific to authentication, network connectivity, messaging, SIP or VoIP and Unified Communications.
- Advanced skills in troubleshooting, organization, communication, and collaboration.
- Strong network and/or VoIP experience with underlying technologies such as Routing & Switching Protocols, TCP/, DNS, QoS, SIP, VLANs, and WAN protocols and technologies is ideal.
- Initiative to develop expertise on new technologies beyond the provided classroom training.
- Candidates with strong and lengthy experience in supporting complex, enterprise solutions and networking operating systems (preferably Windows Server, but not limited to) for 3 years or more will be considered even when the above qualifications may not all be present.
- Solid understanding of client/server, networking, and Internet technologies fundamentals.
- Desired background in VoIP, PSTN converged voice and data IP communications packages, VoIP Hosted PBX, SIP trunks, all-in-one voice and video web conferencing, network monitoring and diagnosis.
- Programming and debugging skills are a plus but not required. The ability to read and analyze network traces is ideal.
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings: Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud Background Check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.