|Job Type:||Full Time|
Are you interested in working for one of the most exciting products in Microsoft, passionate about exceeding customer expectations and advancing Microsoft's cloud first strategy? Are you interested in a start-up like environment, passionate about cloud computing technology and driving growth in one of Microsoft's core businesses? If so, then look no further than the Azure Customer Experience (CXP) Sovereign Cloud Product Engineering (SCPE) team! Microsoft Azure provides customers with on-demand and infinitely scalable infrastructure and platform for customers to build, host, and scale service applications on the Internet through Microsoft's global data centers.
Our team is looking for a Reliability Engineer that will expand our world-class infrastructure to support a growing number of customers. You will deliver critical, customer facing features and work across many Azure servicing teams, ensuring they meet our customer’s needs. In this role, you will partner with Program Management, Business, Field, Marketing, and Support teams.
- Collaborate closely with service and engineering teams to ensure the availability and reliability of Azure to the satisfaction of our customers
- Participate in on call coverage rotation providing guidance to customer facing teams and providing engineering expertise during incidents
- Improve customer experience by analyzing data from various sources and assisting with bug fixes
- Drive continuous improvement in the Azure platform incorporating feedback from internal/external customers
- Identify and drive requirements for increased customer self-supportability
- Active Top Secret with Secret Compartmented Information (TS/SCI) with Full Scope Polygraph (FSP)
- Experience as a DevOps, Site Reliability, or System Administrator
- Fluency in one or more automation languages (PowerShell, CLI etc.)
- Strong customer focus and real passion for doing the right thing for the customer
- Excellent interpersonal skills and proven ability to collaborate across a diverse team
- Knowledge of Microsoft Azure, AWS or similar cloud platforms a plus
- BS or higher in information systems, cybersecurity, computer science, computer engineering or related technical field a plus
Security Clearance Requirements
Candidates must be able to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements. These requirements include, but are not limited to, the following specialized security screenings:
- Candidates must have an active Top Secret with Secret Compartmented Information (TS/SCI) with Full Scope Polygraph (FSP). This role will require candidates to maintain the TS/SCI with FSP through follow-on investigations.
- Citizenship Verification: This position requires verification of US citizenship to meet federal government security requirements
- Microsoft Cloud Background Check: The candidate will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud Background Check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.