|Job Type:||Full Time|
Microsoft is on a mission to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. Our culture is centered on embracing a growth mindset, a theme of inspiring excellence, and encouraging teams and leaders to bring their best each day.
Microsoft Federal is a new and exciting organization serving the U.S. Government (USG), offering our full spectrum of products and services, including hardware, software, online products, and consulting and services. As our federal customers pursue their work, from defending the nation, to serving its citizens in challenging times, they look to Microsoft to help them innovate, and they expect end-to-end engagement tailored to their needs. This new organization delivers a single unified entity centered around our customer.
The Microsoft Federal Finance Team will focus on all end-to-end Finance and Accounting activities for the organization including FP&A, Controllership and Procurement functions. The team will focus on analyzing performance, driving sustainable growth and meeting the demands of our customers in the Federal space.
The MS Federal Finance Team is looking for a highly motivated, collaborative individual to join the Controllership function as a Trial Balance & Intercompany Specialist.
To be successful in this key role, you will need to have superb Finance and Accounting knowledge and experience working in Financial Systems to achieve timely and accurate results. Experience performing intercompany accounting and Financial close processes will be critical for performing your duties in this role. The individual should have a strong understanding of US GAAP, SOX and knowledge of the Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR) is also a plus. This role will focus on governing accounting activities while proactively working towards solutions and helping others succeed.
The ideal candidate should understand the criticality of compliance to Microsoft's success and have experience managing accounting/intercompany results for large and complex organizations. This individual should be organized, self-motivated, have a strong attention to detail and reobust communiction skills to succeed in this role.
Join us and be a part of the team helping to empower the US government!
- Supports the monthly close and trial balance feed to Corporate for consolidation purposes working closely with Controllership peers and Leaders
- Prepare or perform and review journal entries, account reconciliations, postings and other accounting-related work, proactively working through anomalies, while meeting business partner and corporate deadlines
- Owns the end-to-end intercompany process for the organization inclusive of Loan Labor and Expense Transfer; as well as Commercial Device transfers
- Reconciles the netting receivable and payable balances by verifying discrepancies and proposing solutions for reconciling items; works closely with MS Corp and AR/AP contacts throughout the organization to resolve discrepancies
- Perform critical reconciliation procedures to align monthly trial balance with Corporate books
- Develops and implements error-proof method to ensure all transactions are booked accurately
- Reconciles and analyzes the transactions of the AR/AP suspense account to determine the items for cross charging
- Recommends resolution for aged items with incomplete details, invoices without the correct intercompany coding, disputed charges, etc.
- Maintain applicable MS Corporate Accounting policies and controls for the organization within the Trial Balance and Intercompany processes
- Investigates and resolves business partner inquiries, accounting deviations and other data anomalies in a timely manner
- Focuses on automating the intercompany balancing and eliminations process as possible
- Assist in the development and maintenance of SAP to record and report all financial transactions per generally accepted accounting principles
- 4+ years of accounting and external financial reporting experience required
- CPA or equivalent certification; Big 4 accounting experience is a plus
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited Accounting program
- Public and/or government accounting experience is a plus
- United State Government (USG) contractor experience is a plus
- Proficiency and experience working in Financial Systems (e.g., SAP S/4, Dassian)
- Experience working in the Technology industry (e.g., software, cloud providers) is a plus
- Excellent cross functional collaboration skills
- Excellent organization skills and demonstrated problem solving abilities
- Excellent ability to multitask and manage competing priorities
The successful candidate must be a U.S. Citizen.
Citizenship Verification: This position requires verification of US Citizenship to meet federal government security requirements.
- Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.