|Job Type:||Full Time|
Are you an experienced UX-driven software engineer with a passion for Windows? Are you an individual that has a background in successfully launching innovative new apps and experiences?Do you excel in collaborating across design, program management, and data disciplines? Do you thrive on solving complex and ambiguous challenges? If so, come join us!
We are the Partner, Analytics, and essentialeXperiences(PAX) team, a part of the Windows + Devices (W+D) engineering organization. Our team’s vision is that Windows users find it easy to discover and engage with the experiences they need most; and that ISVs (Independent Software Vendors) are excited to build Windows experiences because they can innovate, differentiate, and exceed their business goals on Windows. You will be a member of a new and growing product team that puts user and ISV requirements first in order to build a quality, reliable, and accessible native app experience that runs on hundreds of millions of devices, alongside a portfolio of preinstalled native appsthatPAX ships today.
You will be a key player in developing client experiences forhighly efficientappdiscovery and acquisition.As a Senior Software Engineer, you willhelpsettechnicaldirection for this product, and work across a multidiscipline team to make implementation decisions. This role is for an experienced native app developer who will build front-end experiences using modern frameworks and build on top of and contribute to open source tools. In your role you will work with othersoftware engineers, designers, and product owners to re-build a product that integrates with new and existing systems.We welcome your innovative ideas and fresh perspectives to strengthen our growth mindset culture that is grounded in customer obsession, and diversity and inclusion.
- 3+ yearsprofessional app development experience in C# or C++
- 5+ years of software industry experience
- Demonstratedandstrong experience with XAML (WPF orWinUI/UWP)
- Fluency inclient/server communication patterns
- Fluency in multithreaded and event-based programming models
- Experienceinarchitecting, building, and shipping high-scale products withan engaginguser-experience
- Experience in collaborating with teams across different time zones and geographies
- Interest in mentoring less experienced developers and helping to set a positive team culture
- Strong problem solvinganddebugging skills
- Attention to detail; passionate about bringing great design to end products
- Familiarity with Azure technologies isa nice-to-have
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.