|Job Type:||Full Time|
In the last decade, the emergence of cloud computing revolutionized nearly every business and industry. We believe that the next era will be defined by extending the capabilities of this intelligent cloud out from large datacenters into the real world where data is generated, like in factories, retail stores, and on the road. The Azure Edge Operations team part of the Azure Storage, Media and Edge organization is a newly founded team strategically positioned to drive this expansion.
We are looking for an experienced and strategical Senior Program Manager who is an organized self-starter with a proven track record in driving initiatives from thought to implementation.
You will own and drive customer facing operations as well as manage regional release rollouts for our Edge products. To succeed in this role, you should have strong operations skills, and experience with customer facing operations, backed-up by customer service skills, customer empathy, and a passion for exceeding customers’ expectations. Past experience in successfully orchestrating multi-stakeholder efforts towards common targets is required for this role.
- Ensure our Edge customers have a great frictionless experience with our products, such that operations become invisible to them
- Partner with field, Engineering and Business PMs to optimize our customers’ experience, and scale operations through customer-focused metrics and differentiated SLAs
- Be the voice of the customers in operations – advise customers on operational issues, listen and act on customer feedback to better our end-users’ experience
- Own and drive Operational activities for our regional release rollouts. Partner with DC Ops, Engineering and Business PMs and ensure timely and high-quality releases
- Troubleshoot issues during processes, according to corresponding operational procedures
- Define and track operational scorecards and socialize those with relevant stakeholders
- Identify opportunities for improving operational processes to scale the regional release rollouts process
Qualifications and Requirements:
- 5+ years of professional customer facing operations experience
- Proven success working in a complex environment and across a diverse set of business, engineering, and operational stakeholders
- High customer empathy and awareness - proven experience interacting with customers in technical support roles, understanding customer needs and passionate for supporting customer needs
- Self-driven, willing to take on big challenges, dealing with ambiguity and fast changing conditions
- Solid written as well as oral communication skills and adept in interfacing with both technical as well as non-technical stakeholders
- Detail oriented and data driven – proven ability to drive operations through data analysis, tracking trends and success metrics and prioritizing issues and actions based on data insights
- BS in Computer Science, Engineering, Supply Chain Management, or equivalent experience
- Solid familiarity with the Azure Cloud and related technologies, Azure Edge, Azure cloud service architecture, deployment, and configuration
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings:
- Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud Background Check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.