|Location:||Bellevue, Washington, Berkeley, California|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
Join us and help define the future of how engineers, programmers, and subject matter experts will build sophisticated AI for autonomous systems. We are searching for a Program Manager to roll up their sleeves and help us drive the development of samples, demos and solution accelerators.
This position may work in Bellevue, WA or Berkeley, CA. Remote candidates are also encouraged to apply.
Microsoft continues to expand its efforts in artificial intelligence with a focus on building an Intelligent Cloud and Intelligent Edge. The Technology and Research (T&R) division is chartered with ensuring that Microsoft remains at the forefront of AI technologies.
We are applying our best AI research, engineering and design capabilities to resolve challenging, real-world customer problems. While there has been a lot of progress in the areas of languages and perception in the field of artificial intelligence, we are only starting to scratch the surface in other areas like autonomous systems (drones, robots, etc.).
Our vision is to lead the autonomous systems tidal wave, empowering intelligence within drones, robots, industrial control systems, and more. Our cloud-based solution, Project Bonsai, enables users to take advantage of machine teaching and reinforcement learning to solve autonomous systems problems. If you are looking to join a team that is on the cutting edge of AI and in a quickly growing market segment with the potential to be the next billion-dollar business, this may be the opportunity you’re looking for.
- Own and define a set of solution accelerators that enable customers to reduce time to value and the global sales force to demonstrate how to apply Project Bonsai
- Work closely with customers and our broader team to define and guide the core demos used to educate users on how to teach AI for control and optimizing ofautonomous systems.
- Gather, analyze industry data and customer feedback to define roadmap accelerators, devices
- 5+ years’ experience in Product or Program Management
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree, preferably in Engineering or Computer Science
- 1+ years’ experience with AI or ML
- Customer focus i.e. deeply understand customer needs and competitive landscape, to achieve the best outcomes for the customer
- Critical thinking & creative problem solving, i.e. not take things at face value and provide thoughtful solutions
- Data-driven decision making, i.e. understanding the data and using it thoughtfully
- The ability to ramp up quickly on new technologies
- Familiarity with the Microsoft organization and how Microsoft sells products
- Familiarity with Azure IoT
- Approaches problems with an entrepreneurial mindset. Most of our team comes through an acquisition so in some ways, we are still a startup
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.