|Job Type:||Full Time|
Cloud Operations & Innovation (CO&I) is the engine that powers Microsoft’s cloud platforms and services that millions of people use every day. With more than 95% of Fortune 500 business on Azure, 180 million using Office 365, and millions using other services- all running on Microsoft’s cloud infrastructure- CO+I builds and operates the foundation upon which Microsoft’s mission to empower every person and organization comes to life.
The Environmental, Health, Safety, and Security team (EHS&S) is organized within CO&I and is responsible for the physical security of all critical infrastructure facilities worldwide. We are dedicated to delivering the most trustworthy and efficient physical security services to protect the personnel, infrastructure, data, and confidential information foundational to the Microsoft Cloud. Our vision is to be the most reliable, meticulous, and trusted industry provider of hyperscale cloud physical security. We are accountable, effective, and efficient stewards of the awesome responsibility we hold. We innovate to meet challenges. We automate and simplify to scale efficiently. We constantly create and maintain a collaborative ecosystem. We appreciate and act on opportunities to improve.
EHS&S is looking for a motivated, talented, executive-minded Director (Principal PM Manager) to lead critical projects involving physical security systems design, specification, and technical oversight for critical infrastructure including datacenters, leased collocations, and other types of facilities in the Americas (AMER) region. This position is responsible for working directly with numerous internal and external teams, including architects, engineers, numerous security vendors, construction / project managers, and customers to ensure accurate and timely delivery of services across a wide array of stakeholders and priorities.
The Director, Security Design, position reports to the Senior Director, Americas, and must be an experienced team player, possess strong communication and collaboration skills, have the ability to determine the appropriate security systems solutions, and manage a demanding workload in the execution of multiple concurrent projects across geographic and organizational boundaries.
- Responsible for implementing the design and specification of alarm systems, access control, video surveillance, burglary, radio systems and all other types of physical security equipment to achieve security program goals for special projects and initiatives.
- Review, modify, and approve all security designs produced by external security vendors.
- Oversee projects to ensure they are delivered in accordance with established baseline requirements and deadlines and within budget.
- Document and improve work processes in order to make workflow more efficient and productive.
- Collaborate across groups such as Datacenter Engineering, Datacenter Operations, Datacenter Development, Security Operations, Global Security and other internal and external groups to overcome challenges and deliver results.
- Collaborate with internal staff (Security Project Managers) and external vendors to support project design through training, implementation and delivery, while maintaining currency with industry best practices and guidelines utilized by the Physical Security program.
- Participate in project estimating processes as well as contribute to others budgeting processes for physical security system needs in other groups.
- Contribute subject matter expertise to the research and recommendation of appropriate technical security systems (alarm, access, video, etc.) in conjunction with the Security Technology Team.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AT ENTRY
- 4+ years of experience in security engineering solutions and design, as well as supporting implementation throughout construction project lifecycles.
- Extensive knowledge of foundational security principals, including but not limited to alarm, access control, and video surveillance systems and their application along with the ability to develop conceptual and final designs of these systems.
- Direct experience in the engineering, design and installation of security systems in datacenters or other critical infrastructure environments is highly desirable.
- Familiarity with physical security systems project management preferred.
- Experience, knowledge, and specific training in secure area construction (ICS/ICD 705)
- This position requires verification of US Citizenship and passing background screening to meet federal government security requirements.
- PSP, CPP, PMP, or CSPM certifications are highly desirable.
- BS or BA in security, engineering or related discipline, or equivalent experience.Competencies:
- Ability to lead a team in analytical planning, critical review, and problem solving.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills required for preparing clear, concise and grammatically correct materials and communicating information effectively to others.
- Solid understanding of security operations, engineering, design, and systems integration.
- Experience with multi-tasking and fast paced work environments needed; strong time management skills.
- Action oriented with a passion for getting things done quickly, efficiently, and properly.
- Ability to interact effectively at various social levels and across diverse cultures.
- Ability to synthesize the complex into easy to understand concepts for high-profile customers and internal leadership.
- Strong cross-group collaboration and relationship management skills including directing & coordinating teams to achieve deliverables.
- Ability to maintain professional composure when dealing with unusual and stressful circumstances.
- Ability to document and improve work processes in order to make workflow more efficient and productive.
- Ability to work independently with minimal guidance while being a team player able to effectively manage a demanding workload across geographic and organizational boundaries. Strong computer skills, must be proficient and familiar in the use of Microsoft products and other design related programs.
Candidates must be able to meet all government security screening requirements applicable for this role. Additional customer screening requirements may include additional items such as, but not limited to: specialized agency background checks (either national or local). All employees hired into roles supporting Cloud Offerings will also be required to pass Microsoft background checks prior to the start of employment and every two years thereafter.
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to, the following specialized security screenings: Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.