|Job Type:||Full Time|
The opportunity around intelligent edge devices is significant and growing – there are already more connected things than people in the world!! These devices, ranging from tiny MCU based sensor devices to powerful devices in cars, drones and datacenters, have profound impact to our daily lives; from how we live, how we work, how we learn and how we connect. The Microsoft Azure Edge Devices team is working on creating the next generation of intelligent edge devices across a wide range of form factors, device architypes and AI technologies to enable new application scenarios, provide in-depth business insights and safeguard the security and privacy of our data.
The Azure Edge Devices Engineering Team builds devkits, services, experiences, and solutions to enable the systems for these partnerships and collaboration. We are a nimble team that works in close collaboration with other groups across Microsoft to deliver systems at scale. The charter of team members here spans across Azure, Microsoft and the largest OEMs/ODMs/IHVs in the world, you will have tremendous impact on the future success of Microsoft. We are an extremely passionate organization and have a strong focus on driving a data driven engineering culture.
We are looking for a seasoned, technically strong, hands-on Principal Software Engineering Manager and someone who is interested in building the next generation of devkits, services and solutions for the between Azure Edge Devices and our device partners. Key responsibilities include:
- Driving architectural and design improvements with a focus on continuous improvement for Out of Box Experiences, Building 1st Party Azure Services, Lifecycle Management of DevKits
- Responsible for live site and end customer experience
- Hiring and helping career aspirations of all engineers on your team.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering preferred (such as Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical/Electronics Engineering,)
- Experience with building 1st Party Azure Services.
- Experience with ML/AI/Hardware integration will be a great plus. Experience with Azure IoT, Digital Twins, Iot Hub preferred.
- 5+ years of team management/technical leadership experience with a track record of effectively leading product teams
- 10+ years of commercial software engineering leadership/management covering all stages of the product/service lifecycle
- Great problem solving and design skills, with demonstrated passion for quality, performance, and engineering excellence
- Knowledge and passion for Agile development practices, including continuous integration, test-driven development
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings: Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud Background Check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.