|Job Type:||Full Time|
Office 365 Substrate Search Extensibility team are bringing the power to the substrate to intelligently understand and model the content in the substrate from search perspective. We also own the infrastructures backs that power.
Office 365 Substrate is critical to Microsoft’s cloud strategy and it is experiencing tremendous growth, with 120 million monthly active commercial users and hundreds of millions of consumer users. The Substrate is a massively distributed cloud service with O(exabyte) data handled by O(100K) servers in O(100) data-centers around the entire globe, and it's a joint effort across Office 365 teams as well as Windows and Bing.
If you enjoy working on a core technology, this is a fantastic opportunity to build solutions and user experiences that will be used by hundreds of millions of people worldwide in the cloud, as well as on-premise in the largest organizations on this planet.
We are looking for software developers with a passion for solving hard problems, big data, real time event processing, and building software at very large scale.
A successful candidate will show skills in the following areas:
- Good understanding of data structures, algorithms and software design patterns.
- Passion for problem-solving.
- Good communication skills
- To design and implement highly scaled Substrate settings storage
- To work on highly distributed settings sync pipeline
- To ensure correctness, consistency, performance and reliability of the settings for Substrate
- To understand and drive metrics that can measure user satisfaction on query results and improve on it
- To understand and deal with real world issues by being in the on-call rotation
- Bachelor’s in computer science (or related field)
- 3 years of software development experience
- Strong coding skills in C#/Java and Web Services or related technology
- Experience of building scalable, secure, high-performance, multi-threaded server applications
- Background in search technology is a plus
- Background or interest in machine learning is a plus
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings: Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.